4/10/17 announcement

Remove this Banner Ad

Latest hint.
d4520ee03b2386ae07d95f8f1c8321d2.jpg

The more I see it, the more I like it.

The main reason I didn't want to shed the previous logo is because I thought it'd been around for much longer than 13 years, not so much because I liked it that much.

Video makes me wonder whether it we'll be donning the pin stripes?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still quite like the older flag logo we had, but this will do. Looking at the current logos like what the Crows have we certainly could have come out of this a lot worse. I like that it still looks like a traditional logo, or crest, which befits this club. I'll be curious to see if our guernseys alter a bit next season along with the change in logo, like if they are similar to the 125 year guernsey or the indigenous guernsey that featured a bit more white and a number panel.

The more I see it, the more I like it.

The main reason I didn't want to shed the previous logo is because I thought it'd been around for much longer than 13 years, not so much because I liked it that much.

Video makes me wonder whether it we'll be donning the pin stripes?

This has got me singing a Peter Allen song.

LOL for the 1892-1950 logo. Just looks like a sad bird watching the rain.

I love the new design. All for it. The Aussie flag was just incongruous and unnecessary (and a touch jingoistic judging by the comments on Facebook).

While ladies and gents of a certain era like myself have nostalgia for the 1978-81 crest (was pretty bloody good eh?) it should be kept in the time capsule. No point in looking backwards.

If people are wondering why the 'Pie is bigger, it's for visual balance and to also ensure the form of the Magpie is still easily recognisable. If it was contained within the shield it would be less striking/obvious.

And yes - 'Collingwood' encapsulates the growing nature of the clubs - AFL, AFLW, Netball... and who knows what else in the future? It's a great way of expanding the brand.

Bravo. A change of brand usually accompanies some behind-the-scenes shift in thinking/culture. Let's see eh?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back