Recruiting Trade & Free Agency IV - hypotheticals etc. (Continued in Part V)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ziebel to start the trade period is coming and their is a clear Patton with in contract players possibly moving clubs. Watts said he was blindsided by Melbourne telling him he was not a required Gary Player. Watts said it was hard to Swallow but said he felt better after he done a big Sean Dumptser. Stringer is in the same Boak as Watts but he Betts he Willis find a new home at either Geelong or Essendon. Adelaide said Cameron will McStay and being Reilly big Hunts. Ablett only wish is to be a Freeman. Schache has been giving Brisbane Currie all year and want to De Goey home, Cox breath (Terry Wallace) says he would be lucky to worth a 3rd rounder Curnow.

Thats my lame attempt lol.

NjnR1nf.jpg
I hate this so much that I love it.

But hate it.

So much.

Love it.

Not sure how you can possibly make that call with all its superlatives. He has undeniable talent, and lots of it.

His value has been lowered through no fault of his football. Get him at the right price and the pros outweigh the cons for mine.

What - Schache has shown very little in his two years - And his value has been LOWERED because of his footy.

I get the feeling the delay in Stringer's announcement is to give Geelong time to get their cap in order to see if they can up their offer. Motlop to GCS plus some other players out may boost the Stringer offer.

With some of the EFC WAGS friends with his ex, you'd think he'd probably rather be away from all that.

Hope I'm wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get the feeling the delay in Stringer's announcement is to give Geelong time to get their cap in order to see if they can up their offer. Motlop to GCS plus some other players out may boost the Stringer offer.

With some of the EFC WAGS friends with his ex, you'd think he'd probably rather be away from all that.

Hope I'm wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

His ex has her claws into wags at several clubs. Dont worry about that!

Get him in!

I was actually more keen on getting Smith to be honest than Stringer. Though Stringer has the higher ceiling.

Smith, Fantasia, Walla is a very highly talented small brigade. All capable of stints through the midfield

Devon Smith, **** me dead.

Would he only cost a pick in the 30s? Talk about a guy who adds almost nothing that improves the structure of our team.

He's a massive upgrade on Green or Colyer.

Devon Smith, **** me dead.

Would he only cost a pick in the 30s? Talk about a guy who adds almost nothing that improves the structure of our team.

Upgrade on Coyler and Green to start with. Slots straight into best 22

Runs both ways
capable of stints through the midfield
Actually tackles
Can actually use the ball well

Not to mention, he gives us the following keys to some doors.
Intel on GWS - one of THE teams to beat over the next few years.
A popular player to add to Stewart who adds another string to our bow of getting some of the GWS stars if they want to come back to Melbourne, why not move to a club that already has some of your mates.

I don't know why you are against getting a highly talented player in, if it isn't going to cost us much. What would we get that adds to our structure that we wouldn't get if we managed to get Smith?

I'm not as strongly against Devon as BrunoV but I'm not overly excited by him either.

He feels like another Howlett type. Can play mid or forward but can't do either particularly well.

I'm perfectly okay with getting Smith but expectations are becoming at odds with reality. He's a nice player but he isn't even best-22 at GWS anymore. He also hasn't improved in years.

Now he would certainly be an upgrade over Green or Colyer but those talking about him as though he is a gun player might need to temper their expectations a tad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back