Stopher

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 19, 2012
Gippsland
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
I'm not sure if the timing is different from usual, but the free agency period starts on Friday, and the trade period starts on Monday. He needs to nominate a club so that the clubs can figure out what they're doing with the players they already have, what cap space they have, and who they can do deals with, all of which need to happen before they know whether they can offer their free agents a contract or match an offer, or what deals they can do in the trade period.

It might be quick timing, but I suspect it's a combination of the dates that work with the school holidays (when the draft combine is) and the GF (and public holiday), the bye, and also how it fits with the start of the season and the women's league.

As for Tex, I haven't heard anything about it, that's a really strange thing for the media to have a go at him for. He said what he needed to say, he was concise, thanked the sponsors and the fans... why would he need or want to do more than that? If there was a need for it then they should have told him in advance to write a speech.

I should clarify the timing wasn't so much the issue (though would a couple of more days after the GF disappointment really make a difference?) More the fact he had set up an exclusive TV interview to reveal the destination club, yet only said 'Melbourne-based' in the official club statement earlier that day. It just smacked of wanting to draw attention to himself mere days after a huge team letdown. It just looked s**t, yet Tex dares to show a little disappointment in his losing captain's speech and he's the one copping grief?

It's all arse-about where the criticism should be heading. Lever wants to earn a man's wage, yet be treated like a kid. Can't have it both ways.

Hahaha I can't wait for many pics of him losing his s**t next year and saying many things he shouldn't.
I was going to joke about this yesterday but now it's actually happened..

I really like that Collingwood logo BTW. Wish we'd update ours.
The problem with updating ours is that no one can seem to come up with anything better :S Wouldn't be against a change for our 150 years which is soon though. Re-brand alongside launching the new expansion to HQ and hopefully with a women's team as well. Just as long as they don't attempt to use a plane from circa 1872 as the logo. :D

It's a bit different. Different markings, but the pose is exactly the same!
It looks like when you use an auto lasso tool that selects based on colour, and you change the buffer zone of what is considered 'the same' colour so that anything that is a tiny bit grey counts as black, and then you turn the lassoed bit black... Although as someone else suggested possibly that was Collingwood's magpie a few decades ago and Port pinched it from their old one. Idk.

HA I just went to look up the date of Port's magpie (still dunno, their black and white stripes date from 1902 though). Instead I found this:

Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 11.53.52 am.png

Apparently that was their kit before prison bars (not their inaugural one, which was navy and white but the one they used in between). I wonder why they didn't choose that when Collingwood forced them to pick something other than black and white? :smile: Magenta, blue and yellow with taupe shorts :mask:

They've been called the magpies since 1902, when their logo looked like this:
Port_adelaide_fc_logo_1902.png

Collingwood had the left facing magpie in the 80s, not sure what was before that though. For some reason most clubs have a logo evolution thing of all of them through history and the relevant dates, except for these two

It seems the PA Magpies' song is the same as the Swans' one too, but again idk who had it first. At any rate most footy clubs seem to use the same 20 or so songs over and over again, changing about three words, so it doesn't mean a lot.

Consider for a second just how bad a reflection on Hawthorn this is.

It means that they had no succession planning in place.

It means that even without succession planning, they did not believe they had an existing Director capable of taking on the role.

It means that despite having no succession plan in place, and no faith in their existing members, they do not believe they've developed enough of a network over the past decade to cultivate further options.

This is glory day grasping.

I said it as a joke, but its 100% true - they legit are the new Richmond; the biggest basketcase in the game.

Consider for a second just how bad a reflection on Hawthorn this is.

It means that they had no succession planning in place.

It means that even without succession planning, they did not believe they had an existing Director capable of taking on the role.

It means that despite having no succession plan in place, and no faith in their existing members, they do not believe they've developed enough of a network over the past decade to cultivate further options.

This is glory day grasping.

I said it as a joke, but its 100% true - they legit are the new Richmond; the biggest basketcase in the game.
I like a goode Hawthorne pummelling as much as anyone and while I agree this reflects poorly on them, suggesting they're the biggest basketcase in the game at this stage is worth one or possibly even two large jars of Praise Mayonnaisee.

I like a goode Hawthorne pummelling as much as anyone and while I agree this reflects poorly on them, suggesting they're the biggest basketcase in the game at this stage is worth one or possibly even two large jars of Praise Mayonnaisee.

A CEO fired after five months in the job, and an appointment of a new President from outside the Board.

Hell, even Gold Coast have managed to straighten up somewhat by appointing Mark Evans.

I stand by the claim, on face value they are currently the worst run club in the land.

Righto then.

This will be coupled with a significant drop in revenue despite an increased reliance on pokie revenue when their reporting cycle ends, and goes hand in hand with the astronomical cost paid for JOM and the recruitment of Vickery.

You surely wouldn't call that well run.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man. U, Chicago Bulls, Ολυμπιακός
Yep, new logo.

For reference, the prior logo:

200px-Collingwood_Football_Club_Logo.svg_.png

The 125th anniversary special:

291310_d77430f72d8bfaf99f207f583554b6d3.png

And a strangely familiar Bigfooty mockup from Shpeshal Ed:

291301_ec1dd8a3ac336f8ee297b2a302e45c45.jpg

Holy s**t I completely forgot I did that very rough mock up last year.

brb, gonna go fire up the lawyers.

How did you find that? BigFooty search is broken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back