Recruiting Trade & Free Agency IV - hypotheticals etc. (Continued in Part V)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Del could be onto something considering our glut of ball winning Mid's....

giphy.gif

Yeah who needs a future brownlow medalist and club captain anyway lets take the punt on unknown players ...

Some of our supporters remind me of this scene from the Simpsons :

I get the feeling the delay in Stringer's announcement is to give Geelong time to get their cap in order to see if they can up their offer. Motlop to GCS plus some other players out may boost the Stringer offer.

With some of the EFC WAGS friends with his ex, you'd think he'd probably rather be away from all that.

Hope I'm wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This for sure. Why not just nominate Essendon now? Unfortunately i reckon Jake may miss a bit of footy in next year or two from dealing with his issues.

Connors mentioned he's not coping well with the whole process of moving clubs.

And yeah if his ex is close to Bomber wags wouldn't that be worse for him?

If we get Stringer, our bigs had better fully committ to defensive pressure. Richmond just won a premiership with a fleet of smalls and a single big in their forward line hassling the opposition defenders into mistakes, trapping the ball in the forward half. We would be looking at Daniher, Hooker, Stewart and Stringer... 4 tall forwards goes against what is currently working in the football world, despite his how good Tippa and Fanta are.

Maybe move hooker back ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What - Schache has shown very little in his two years - And his value has been LOWERED because of his footy.

I beg to differ on pretty much everything you say here. The expectations of a developing 2nd year KPF need to be kept in context, and not be seduced by the 5% of Key Position players that can keep their heads above water in their early seasons.

Compare him with the other first picked key forwards in the draft after two seasons:
2011: Jonathon Patton 10 games, 9 goals, 10 score assists, 8 contested marks
2012: Joe Daniher 26 games, 31 goals, 21 score assists, 33 contested marks
2013: Tom Boyd 23 games, 24 goals, 12 score assists, 26 contested marks
2014: Paddy McCartin 17 games, 17 goals, 8 score assists, 22 contested marks
2015: Josh Schache 27 games, 25 goals, 16 score assists, 23 contested marks

All similar standard, basic numbers. All had their external critics judging them harshly. Going by your logic, all of these players lowered their value because of their footy? I'm not buying it. Granted it's not always black and white just looking at the stats, but Schache has shown plenty for those that are brave enough to watch a Brisbane match over the last few years.

He has great leading patterns and a natural thirst for the contest, mainly in his first year when he was in a better headspace than he was this year. I remember covering his second career game up at the Gabba where he was matched up against Tarrant and Hansen and he took 5 genuine contested marks on them. When a young player can show that type of dominance against some of the biggest bodies in the competition, you know you have plenty to work with.

Sounded legit mate - thinking maybe groin guru

Choked when he tried to say martin and Kelly declined their 10 mil desperation acts

Lol

I mean if your Dusty maybe you feel a little bit silly. You achieved it all in one year, could've taken it easy the rest of your career for a huge payday.

I mean if your Dusty maybe you feel a little bit silly. You achieved it all in one year, could've taken it easy the rest of your career for a huge payday.

Richmond have looked after him from day one. Brendan Gale lived with him for a year to keep him on track and 1.1m isn't anything to scoff at.

Glad he stayed - thought he and Fyfe would about mid year.

I'm not as strongly against Devon as BrunoV but I'm not overly excited by him either.

He feels like another Howlett type. Can play mid or forward but can't do either particularly well.

He's a pretty consistent goal a game half forward flanker, if our assessment of him is that GWS have squeezed him out of his more natural midfield role then I'm backing us in. Runs hard, willing tackler, good kick.

To be perfectly honest I prefer him to Saad as a secondary target to Stringer because I rate our young backs more than I rate our young mids.

From what I understand, it was the knee issue he had all year, make the comparison with Johnson, could get up but then couldn't back it up.

Or, hell maybe the club was aware he was leaving and didn't play him.

I understand your point, im assuming laverde and Langford are your colyer and green replacements?

Just on the bolded, a trade doesn't have to be exciting to be good for the club, example is Stewart.

Begley/Laverde forward and McGrath into the middle.

I always thought that Stewart was a great player for us to target.Not claiming that I thought things would turn out as well as they have but it was an easy target to understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back