Mega Thread 2017 Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was just looking at the AFL Photos site (http://www.aflphotos.com.au/), and they have lots of galleries of photos from all sorts of footy competitions in 2017, such as:
  • AFL;
  • AFLW;
  • VFL men;
  • VFL women;
  • TAC Cup;
  • SANFL;
  • Under 18 All Stars;
  • EJ Whitten game;
  • Herald Sun Shield Senior Girls;
  • AFLW Under 18's;
  • AFL Under 18's;
  • VFL State Match;
  • Rio Tinto Cup;
  • JLT Community Series.
Not wanting to sound like I'm wearing a tin foil hat, but why wouldn't they have any photos of the WAFL? Or NEAFL & TFL even?

They might not have rights to publish the photos.

There's a current Perthnow article re fyfe "meeting" with hogan on Tues night. Looks like reporters are trawling BF again. Didn't mention the beers, cheap tacos, other blokes, or Rodneys though. Might've been taken less seriously i guess.:rolleyes:

There's a current Perthnow article re fyfe "meeting" with hogan on Tues night. Looks like reporters are trawling BF again. Didn't mention the beers, cheap tacos, other blokes, or Rodneys though. Might've been taken less seriously i guess.:rolleyes:
Made it all the way to AFL hq now haha

Obviously his 6 games for Freo make him a former Freo player. If he cured cancer he'd be mentioned as a former Demon.
Can’t be bothered training or playing footy, but climbing up balconies to take photos of a sleeping chick - that he will do! Selective effort giving syndrome

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did anybody else notice that Colin Sylvia made it into the papers today? He's accused of secretly filming his sleeping ex-girlfriend ...

http://www.watoday.com.au/victoria/...rlfriend-while-she-slept-20171009-gyxfoi.html

People in footy love to excuse incidents and dish out second chances. Colin had racked up a couple of shenanigans before coming to Freo.

But I think over time, the reality is that we underestimate the risk of continued behaviour of a disappointing nature. Whether it is exactly the same incident again or another manifestation of of poor personal judgment or control, it seems that the risk is a bit higher than we think. We have been burnt a few times lately.

It is probably worth having a firmer bias toward excluding players with a history. I am not saying 100% never give a guy a second chance but I am saying to raise the bar a heck of a lot. Maybe give ourselves a budget of only one behavioural project every 6 or 7 years instead of the constant parade of rapscallions and ne'er-do-wells we have been hoodwinked by.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-07/your-clubs-2017-season-in-a-haiku

Team that finished 18th: rebuilding
Team that finished 17th: had injuries, people leaving
Team that finished 16th: rebuilding
Team that finished 15th: rebuilding
Team that finished 14th: you're a joke so imma make fun of you

Sorry, but this is s**t.

I think you're being a bit over sensitive. Our season was crap so we're fair game. She was just as critical of other under performing teams.

I think you're being a bit over sensitive. Our season was crap so we're fair game. She was just as critical of other under performing teams.
Over sensitive? Guilty.
Our season was crap? Yeah it was.
Was she critical of other teams? Yep.
Are we an easy target? Since day one.
Was she consistent in her pisstakery? No - and that's what I took issue with. A subjective call I grant you that, but my call nonetheless.

Imagine if she wrote us up with the same positivity afforded Brisbane, Carlton & North Melbourne (all of whom had worse years than us)...

A transition year
Purple patch before tiring
The kids are alright

Over sensitive? Guilty.
Was she consistent in her pisstakery? No - and that's what I took issue with. A subjective call I grant you that, but my call nonetheless.

Imagine if she wrote us up with the same positivity afforded Brisbane, Carlton & North Melbourne (all of whom had worse years than us)...

A transition year
The kids are alright

You have a talent for this.

Over sensitive? Guilty.

A transition year
The kids are alright

The difference was that Carlton, North and Bris were all expected to struggle. Almost every ladder prediction had either Bris or North as spooners with Carlton not far above. We on the other hand were almost universally tipped to finish around 11th with quite a few predicting a top 8 finish. Only the most avid Freo critics had us finish where we did and NO ONE expected the floggings that we got! I mean we were torn a new one by the eventual wooden spooners ffs.

Look I agree that we aren't treated with respect in the football world but we deserve all we get after that season and should just suck it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back