4/10/17 announcement

the last one was only from 2004?
Think there was a minor change. From memory the flags were reversed or something like that.
Yep, the original version had the Australian flag on the other side and looked much more balanced for it. From memory that version was first used 1993 or '94.

Adil Hoxha

Draftee
Oct 4, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
The CFC Marketing dept need to be drawn and quartered. This is just terrible and represents everything that is wrong with the club.

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood

Rookie

Premiership Player
May 12, 2004
Globetrotting
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
F#($%@#$(ing awesome new logo. If you're not sure about the change, the Richmond LOLtiger and the new Bulldog quickly became much-loved by fans. I'm sure you'll all come to love this magpie too. It looks brilliant and is a large improvement on a classic.

Correct and then it took the Aust government ten years (!) to realise that the logo was actually in breach of guidelines and the flag had to be placed on the left. Hence why it's hung upside down and looks weird.

http://fddp.theage.com.au/articles/2003/09/15/1063478124344.html
Given your knowledge on the logo, can you tell me when we changed the way the magpie faced?

2017-10-04_123724.jpg
to
2017-10-04_123559.jpg

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
Given your knowledge on the logo, can you tell me when we changed the way the magpie faced?

View attachment 424246 to View attachment 424247

Off the top of my head it was around the time of the early 80s with Ranald MacDonald and the New Magpies. He wanted to signify the club moving forward and I believe that's when forward-facing magpies were first used in a marketing sense.

As for the official logo, not until the 1993 rebrand (post-centenary)

May 29, 2008
Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
SS Lazio
The biggest change is that they've removed the words 'football club'...
That's because Collingwood "Football Club" now is so much more than a simple ordinary football club. We are a marketing machine preying on the weak and vulnerable supporter. We are a netball team, we are a PR team and I have just heard on the grapevine that we are soon to enlist a team to compete in the Eastern Conference in the NBA.

Football God

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 26, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man utd, miami dolphins
I can't believe all the hype and suspense over a logo change. I was expecting the 'new beginning' to be slightly more results oriented.
I’m sure there’s more things to come over the course of the day.
Besides, over the 125 years in our history how many times have we changed the face of our club.

Sep 9, 2010
Essendon
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leicester City
When a Club mucks with the crest a releases a "LOGO" you know we've hit rockbottom with the corporate flogs at the Club.

Incase anyone is wondering whether or not the Collingwod Football Club is no longer one of the last of its kind the link below will be a decent read. No longer a Football Club, we're now simply a brand, a corporation, an enterprise.

Where's the "FOOTBALL CLUB" at Collingwood?

https://www.google.com.au/amp/www.a...ms-crests-and-logos-whats-the-difference/amp/

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

That's because Collingwood "Football Club" now is so much more than a simple ordinary football club. We are a marketing machine preying on the weak and vulnerable supporter. We are a netball team, we are a PR team and I have just heard on the grapevine that we are soon to enlist a team to compete in the Eastern Conference in the NBA.
You sound a bit grumpy.

May 29, 2008
Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
SS Lazio
You sound a bit grumpy.
Nope. Not at all grumpy. But I can see how you might think that if you were to believe that a new logo will have any appreciable impact on Collingwood "Football Club"'s football performance.

Nowadays CFC is all mayonnaise and no sausage. All butter and no bread. All hubris and no reticence.

Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chelsea
I feel underwhelmed by it, but I don't hate it.

Disappointed that they've removed "Collingwood Football Club" and replaced it with "Collingwood", showing a distinct shift from purely being a football club to a wider corporate brand.

I do like the B&W stripes and good to see the year of the foundation of our club has been incorporated into the logo.

Back