Hawthorn sack CEO

Remove this Banner Ad

Article mentions industry people (sponsors I suppose) rubbed up the wrong way and other managers prepared to walk

In old fashioned terms she rubbed people up the wrong way. Expect a schmoozer to be the replacement

the only crisis is between your ears, been handled professionally as expected .....
Yes professionally, by re-writing the rules to allow Jeff back even when Stevenson quit his position so he could run as per the Hawk board rules for President.

Yes professionally, by re-writing the rules to allow Jeff back even when Stevenson quit his position so he could run as per the Hawk board rules for President.

So a clear split, with Jeff brought in as a neutral to ease the tensions? Sounds feasible.

Can I be outraged about this somehow?
yeah absolutely... cognisance of the motive of the above movements has me perplexed.

kind of short changes everyone when the homework gets done in a blink of an eye or else with no real status of emotion
for the footy club's history and moving forward..

it is a blink of an eye in history so let us have a bit more of the shuttering of the lids so that things can be done better... viva Jeffery.

This feels like a panic move done for PR reasons as they know getting Kennett there will get most Hawks supporters onside and the media will love it because of the headlines he generates and will quell any concerns about how the club is heading.

A pity that Kennett partially went back on the concept of one person only being president for a certain period as I thought that was a very smart policy as it ensures new talent and ideas are brought in regularly and prevents a situation like Collingwood where Eddie seems to have the job for life regardless of how much the club struggles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn's become an absolute circus, it won't be long before they are wallowing near the bottom of the ladder as the graph is clearly on the way down which is the whole point of the draft/salary cap system. The appointment of Kennett shows just how desperate this club has become after the CEO and President left to bring back some 'power. This won't go down well with the Op's, his a cross between John Elliott and Donald Trump when you think about it and knowing how many see those men.....

he he.. life goes on and personalities get hardwired or else get turned on by certain situations where they feel they can do
something extraordinary.

It is just that Jeff doesn't do things by halves and doesn't do anything without meaning or even doesn't buy into hyperbole either.

Crisis attack means that the Hawks hunker down and keep everything or most things indoors and then come out with a solution.

this has been an unfortunate mistake and will be rectified in time for next year.

No crisis.
Conflicting interests at the club, and the two people who were in charge of sorting out the mess (Tracy and Garth...) spent their time working on side projects that weren’t inline with the direction the club wanted to take

“It doesn’t matter how you get to the island as long as you don’t stop along the way to get into a new boat”

lordy don't tell me she had a spade with her.... now that is what I call under... cough... mining..
I hear she brought the spade with her to dig her own grave. When the board asked her what that was, she called it a spade and it didn't go down well.

Hawthorn's become an absolute circus, it won't be long before they are wallowing near the bottom of the ladder as the graph is clearly on the way down which is the whole point of the draft/salary cap system. The appointment of Kennett shows just how desperate this club has become after the CEO and President left to bring back some 'power. This won't go down well with the Op's, his a cross between John Elliott and Donald Trump when you think about it and knowing how many see those men.....
What is it with people who don't know the difference between "He's" and "His". Should've stayed in school.

*cough* *cough*

The Buffoon with the Bouffant. Didn't we kill this thing in the 99 election?

I can't wait for him to start spouting his expertise about every club in the competition...............except Hawthorn.:rolleyes:

I hear she brought the spade with her to dig her own grave. When the board asked her what that was, she called it a spade and it didn't go down well.
well know you would like a spoon or perhaps a fork or anything that represents a tool to help the hunger but not a spade.

It wouldn't have gone down well because the foundations of Hawthorn are very hard and well digging around to extricate skeletons or
other abstruse items would have been recovered in an instant..

I am playing with words here but the method suits the madness. The Hawthorn Footy club are made of sterner stuff and well things just don't
last when they are not true. People find it out when they have their hearts in the right place.

I don't get the big deal, board hires CEO, CEO sux at her job, instead of keeping her on, we fire her after 5 months, the head of the committee that hired her then stands down. New President goes in.
I'd say that effecient.

Last edited:
I don't get the big deal, board hires CEO, CEO sux at her job, instead of keeping her on, we fire her after 5 months, the head of the comitee that hired her then stands down. New President goes in.
I'd say that effecient.
and like you, efficient in letters and words too. spelling is important to get the message across. point taken and moved on as well. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back