Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread XII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like a goode Hawthorne pummelling as much as anyone and while I agree this reflects poorly on them, suggesting they're the biggest basketcase in the game at this stage is worth one or possibly even two large jars of Praise Mayonnaisee.

It's more whole egg. Not skimping on saturated fat content for a bit of sugar.

Does anyone else think that there is a severe conflict of interest if a player manager then becomes a list manager at a club?
Depends if he personally manages them or not. It's a pretty small industry so there's bound to be overlap. Apparently Melbourne doesn't have a problem with it though with regards to Lever.

You could also ask the question about Lucas managing Essendon players - is he really going to shop them around to get the best deal? I guess they'd sign a waiver or something if there was any issue.

Does anyone else think that there is a severe conflict of interest if a player manager then becomes a list manager at a club?
It's ambiguous but my understanding of the article was that he'd stop managing them once the deals were done? But yes, it doesn't look good.

"After those deals have been finalised, he will begin work at Collingwood as the general manager of list management and strategy."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...k=d5e98a3c39008be781b1aa5aab9fb575-1507086829

It's a very incestuous industry.

Questions would have to be asked if Collingwood parachute in at the last minute and grab Lever

Pies changed change their logo eh.

Reckon we should do the same the current logo has been tarnished by the drug saga.
Why stop there. Let's change the jumper, the theme song and the clubrooms too whilst we're at it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In all fairness, Dan Richardson was a player manager at ESP before becoming GM of football at Richmond.

Hawks in April: We are so progressive, well done Hawks on appointing the best person for the job, great she has a sports background too. Hawks showing the comp how it's done as always

Hawks in September: So glad we sacked that cycling bitch, what would she know about football.

Hawks in October: JEFF IS BACK, HE IS THE GREATEST WE ARE SO PROGRESSIVE SACKING AND HIRING THE RIGHT PERSON FOR THE JOB (pay no attention to him and Clarko previous fights that destabilised the club)

Sounds like they're all going to be palmed off to other managers in the same management group.
The MSTM team now comprises of six accredited managers including Alex McDonald and Dave Trotter who will manage the transition and ongoing affairs of the MSTM players previously managed by Ned.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/trade/trade-talk

Whenever the 'we should change our logo' comes up, I feel compelled to point out that the actual bomber in our logo is pretty much unbeatable as far as designs go. It's just the font that looks outdated.

And you'd think the great and mighty Collingwood would be able to do better than stealing something from BigFooty.

Hmm...Collingwood...stealing...never mind.

To everyone going after Tex because of his post-match speech...what was he meant to say, exactly? ****, I hate the media sometimes.

Agree. No one wants the losing captain making a 5 minute speech. Said what he had to. Got off the stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back