List Mgmt. Jenkins

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gov also gives opposition headaches more than your Tex or JJ. You've got no idea if he's going to beat you on the lead or sit on your head.

Don't think he will be able to stand and deliver but he has so many other strings to his bow.

If I was Greenwood id look to do something completely different as well, like maybe try and tap the ball as it's going up ala basketball style. What's stopping him from standing really close to the bounce and effectively smoother the umpires bounce and grab possession?
No .. can remember footage of Sam Newman trying to that and being penalised in the 70's.

Hes put himself out there via the media so now hes gonna have to cop all the s**t. Hes is the laughing stock of the AFL and will be for some time.
Never run your mouth when you cant back it up.
Personally i cant see him recovering from that game.
Tough road ahead for JJ

I have a feeling he wouldn't care. He seems like one of those guys that is so full of himself that he is oblivious to criticsm.

I have a feeling he wouldn't care. He seems like one of those guys that is so full of himself that he is oblivious to criticsm.
There have been times, albiet brief, that Jenkins has been stung by criticism and subsequently crashed in and looked an amazing player.

But it fizzles out very quickly.

Now I'm sure the coach can't drop him/blast him every 3rd week to keep the motivation up! He has the capacity but its certainly not natural for him.

His only chance is to realise he needs to change (harsh exit meeting hopefully but with a way forward), want to put in the effort to change then undertake an off season and pre season program incorporating the key focus being the contested side of the game (smashing packs, chasing, actually tackling with intent, smothering, harrassing). He must be able to make these aspects a natural part of his game by training it day after pulverising day.

Look at his size, strength and athleticism...he should be crashing packs like Jono Brown! He can clunk a big mark when he actually commits his body to it.

Pyke needs to decimate him in his exit meeting, reduce him to tears of embarrassment, destroy his ego THEN actually show him the few times he has done what's required physically, show him he has it in him then commit together for a pathway forward.

Jenkins has never looked an amazing player.

My god, you guys. You are willing to sacrifice everything just to help Jenkins be a better player. CHF and the ruck are 2 of the top 5 key positions to a teams structure yet we have a guy with the physical presence of an 8 year old. He's clearly not up to it, get rid of him and give Himmelberg or Deer (if he's retained) ago. Both are kids yet have much more physical presence then Jenkins ever will.

If Jenkins, McKay, Douglas or Otten are in the team come round 1 in 2018 don't bother booking your accomodation for the last week in Sept.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jenkins was looking good after Walsh had a man conversation with him.
Pretty much everyone was saying that and impressed with his turnaround and physicality.
There were even media stories about it and he was asked about it.

He spoke about Walsh having a man convo with him and it changed him.
It sure wore off though. :(

If I was Greenwood id look to do something completely different as well, like maybe try and tap the ball as it's going up ala basketball style. What's stopping him from standing really close to the bounce and effectively smoother the umpires bounce and grab possession?

The laws of the game stop him.

Jenkins was looking good after Walsh had a man conversation with him.
Pretty much everyone was saying that and impressed with his turnaround and physicality.
There were even media stories about it and he was asked about it.

He spoke about Walsh having a man convo with him and it changed him.
It sure wore off though. :(
He will be a player who needs to be consistently reminded and made to do it. He'll have a game where he gets a few over the top and think to himself "Hey, I don't need to do that to score" and stop doing it.

Look at his game against Carlton where he laid 13 tackles. Probably didn't get close to that for the rest of the year because he patted himself on the back for a job well done and coasted thereafter.

Look at his game against Carlton where he laid 13 tackles.
13 !!
52 for the year, so about 2/game for the other games :(.
JJ is in bottom 6 for tackling in our best 22 :mad:.
Goals/games:
2014 40/20
2015 46/21
2016 62/24
2017 45/20 (? not sure)
I'd like to see a compilation of those goals --- I'll bet JJ has one --- am wondering how many of those have been directly as a result of a contest, or contested mark by him.

He will be a player who needs to be consistently reminded and made to do it. He'll have a game where he gets a few over the top and think to himself "Hey, I don't need to do that to score" and stop doing it.

Look at his game against Carlton where he laid 13 tackles. Probably didn't get close to that for the rest of the year because he patted himself on the back for a job well done and coasted thereafter.

The first time he plays a soft game, drop him for a week. Next time he plays a soft game drop him for two weeks.

Make it real clear for him it's going to keep increasing like that until he pulls his head in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back