News Ned Guy List Manager to leave after MD

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know Dave but it is a very In-Collingwood like article actually praising us for identifying our deficiencies and making some changes.

I'm liking our changes so far and more to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know what to make about the Changes at the Moment. Have to see IF the Changes work or Not

But we've waited to see how it pans out and hoped to find positives for years now, so forgive me for having enough..

And in case you missed it before this his CV, please read it and tell me the last sentence/statement from the Club isn't simply pulling wool over our eyes based on it.

Don't know about others but I'd rather we managed to poach a well credential list manager instead of this warped and rather left field appointment.
You do realise that the part of his bio you keep quoting is from his current employer's website and not from the club?

This is what the club said:

“Ned, through his 11 years in player management, holds a really strong understanding of the system, particularly in the areas of talent identification, management and the relationships required around that,” Walsh said."

It's subtly different in that Walsh says he understands the "systems" around talent identification etc and goes on to talk about his relationship with Derek and their ability to work together.

I think that gives a better idea of what the club, or Walsh at least who is his boss, thinks his role is.

Who does Gleeson Barrack For?
Richmond Collingwood I have been corrected

I stand corrected.

Writes in a smart Alec way, for what it's worth (which is not much ).

Last edited:
He's good at maximising the profit for himself and his clients but has no talent identification credentials required to build a strong list whatsoever. And that's what his role is supposed to be.
So yeah nah..
Do you have a more intimate knowledge of Ned than the rest of us ? Fairly significant leap to make "statements of fact" rather than just your opinion.

You do realise that the part of his bio you keep quoting is from his current employer's website and not from the club?
Let's not confuse our special beast pie

Richmond I believe.

Will stand corrected.

Writes in a smart Alec way, for what it's worth (which is not much ).

So Typical from The Richmond Media Mafia

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
PieBeast I think it's fair to say we're all frustrated.
Doesn't mean you should come on hear and bag people out for a different opinion.
No amount of bleating at each on here it will change a thing.
If in 12 months time it's turned to poo, you will be proven right.
If not, the rest will be right.
I don't trust Ed, I do however have faith in Walshy and I believe, (hope) he's making the right decisions.
Time will tell.

This is what the club said:

“Ned, through his 11 years in player management, holds a really strong understanding of the system, particularly in the areas of talent identification, management and the relationships required around that,” Walsh said."

It's subtly different in that Walsh says he understands the "systems" around talent identification etc and goes on to talk about his relationship with Derek and their ability to work together.

I think that gives a better idea of what the club, or Walsh at least who is his boss, thinks his role is.

The ability to build and nurture relationships within the industry is incredibly underrated on this site.

Nope ?
Not idea who you mean

Ohhhh you mean Roger as in Roger that as in yes?

Reminds me of flying high.

Roger.
Eh?
Over?
Eh?

Nope ?
Not idea who you mean

Ohhhh you mean Roger as in Roger that as in yes?

Reminds me of flying high.

Roger.
Eh?
Over?
Eh?
Think of an avatar that goes with roger

I didn't but it doesn't change my stance one bit.
And neither does the actual vague statement from the Club.

The primary role of the list manager of an AFL club has always been about building a strong list capable of winning a premiership and I don't see any credentials for that.

No matter how many times they'll tells us how good he is at talent identification for some reason or mention that Decca dealt with him at the trade table, it's all either cringe-worthy or very tenuous at best.

PieBeast I think it's fair to say we're all frustrated.
Doesn't mean you should come on hear and bag people out for a different opinion.
No amount of bleating at each on here it will change a thing.
If in 12 months time it's turned to poo, you will be proven right.
If not, the rest will be right.
I don't trust Ed, I do however have faith in Walshy and I believe, (hope) he's making the right decisions.
Time will tell.
I'm sick to death of being proven right.

And you might want to check who gave a different opinion and who started bagging people for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back