Remove this Banner Ad

GWS x 2 H @ MCG
Melbourne x 2
Freo x 2, H @ ES
Gold Coast x 2 H @ MCG
Brisbane x 2 H @ ES

Port at AO, Adelaide at the MCG, play West Coast at Etihad

Home game v North at the G

Sorry, I can't see this happening. 1. Collingwood normally verse Carlton twice a year, 2. We are due to verse Adelaide at Adelaide oval and West Coast at Perth stadium.

You're double ups seem unrealistic as we have never had a double up with Brisbane since 2009 and Fremantle since 2008 :/

I can see us playing North at MCG though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Away Games....

Adelaide at Adelaide Oval
Brisbane Lions at Gabba
Fremantle at Burswood
Sydney at SCG
West Coast at Burswood
GWS at Spotless
Gold Coast at Cairns
St Kilda at Etihad
Essendon at Etihad
Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval
Geelong at Symonds

Home Games

Gold Coast at Ballarat
Port Adelaide at Ballarat
Geelong at Etihad
St Kilda at Etihad
Essendon at Etihad

Collingwood at Etihad
Richmond at Etihad
Hawthorn at Etihad
North Melbourne at Etihad
Carlton at Etihad
Melbourne at Etihad

Sorry, I can't see this happening. 1. Collingwood normally verse Carlton twice a year, 2. We are due to verse Adelaide at Adelaide oval and West Coast at Perth stadium.

You're double ups seem unrealistic as we have never had a double up with Brisbane since 2009 and Fremantle since 2008 :/

I can see us playing Norf at MCG though.

We used to always v Essendon twice a year as well...But I was looking into the 1 top 6, 1 middle 6 and 3 bottom 6 sides draw we should be due. They have been poor and we should be due a double up against those sides, I suppose we might get Carlton again instead of 1 of them, but Carlton can beat us :( plus everyone wants to play West Coast in Melbourne!!!

Double ups vs Richmond, Hawthorn and either Melbourne or the Dogs would be nice.
Would like to play you guys at the MCG next season for a change. Last played you there in 2014 which isn't that long ago but I'd like it to happen. Think if we only played you once, we'd be more likely to play in Geelong so I'd be happy to play your team twice to ensure we get a home game.

Not too fussed about double ups, just want to host 10-11 home games at the G and have at least 4 Friday night games. Less Sunday games would be good too.
You'll definitely get a good fixture from a commercial perspective. Quite likely that Richmond will get the most friday night games out of all teams which I think is fair and deserved. Sydney and Western Bulldogs had 8-9 friday night games fixtured in 2017 so I think Richmond could get a similar number to that. Think they will get at least 6 friday night games but it will probably be more. Going to be a lot of primetime games for the Tigers in 2018. It's funny to think that the team which had no friday night games in the H&A season this year will probably get the most next season.

I can see us playing North at MCG though.

Last season was the first time in memory Carlton v Collingwood did not play twice , expect they will go back to 2 games next year !!

West Coast and Fremantle both requested to play a big Vic club first up. We also travel round 1 the most out of all Victorian clubs so I think we'll play you guys there.
Thats because you guys never travel in the last game, pretty sure it is 1 game in 20 odd years and that was Hird's last game 2007 in perth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As opposed to the non Vic teams that, as the stats show, year after year, have an easier road to getting there in the first place.
Which stats are those?

The "true home advantage" you lot dribble on about is offset by the lack of "true away disadvantage" against other victorian teams. Absolute non factor.

Which stats are those?

The "true home advantage" you lot dribble on about is offset by the lack of "true away disadvantage" against other victorian teams. Absolute non factor.

Long term, all the non Vic clubs win noticeably more than they lose during the H&A. (over 1 game per club per season)

Either they actually have an advantage, or they must all be 'special' (even more so if they're doing that in spite of a disadvantage).

Be unique bud.

Why not something different such as the two upcomers who are soon going to take the comp by storm over the next couple years. Let's manufacture a rivalry since the AFL likes to manufacture narratives: St Kilda v Melbourne.

Melbourne already has Queens Bday and ANZAC eve so we probably don't need another

I want a home game vs Essendon next year, preferably on a Friday night

No Tassie or Canberra games
No back to back 6 day breaks
A bye after the Darwin game (seriously why does this not happen for both competing teams? Completely illogical)

Long term, all the non Vic clubs win noticeably more than they lose during the H&A. (over 1 game per club per season)

Either they actually have an advantage, or they must all be 'special' (even more so if they're doing that in spite of a disadvantage).
Source for these stats please.

How about the stat that the last time a non cola non victorian side won a flag was 11 years ago, surely the quoted 1 extra home and away game per season figure you gave, which in itself would be inflated by COLA sides like brisbane of the early 2000's, Sydney and GWS, makes up for that in your eyes?

Source for these stats please.

How about the stat that the last time a non cola non victorian side won a flag was 11 years ago, surely the quoted 1 extra home and away game per season figure you gave, which in itself would be inflated by COLA sides like brisbane of the early 2000's, Sydney and GWS, makes up for that in your eyes?

I took the data from AFLtables.com and did some basic maths to work it out.

I didn't include expansion teams because their results are seriously out of whack due to how they started up, and went back to 2000, giving 6 clubs *18 seasons, which I figured was a decent base.

From memory (and it was a little while back I checked this out), but I think Brisbane is the only one that didn't have a positive win/loss record over that period.

I took the data from AFLtables.com and did some basic maths to work it out.

I didn't include expansion teams because their results are seriously out of whack due to how they started up, and went back to 2000, giving 6 clubs *18 seasons, which I figured was a decent base.

From memory (and it was a little while back I checked this out), but I think Brisbane is the only one that didn't have a positive win/loss record over that period.
Surely you have the figures somewhere? Again, Sydney had COLA for most of that time period, Brisbane were reaping the benefits of it in the first half of the decade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back