News Ned Guy List Manager to leave after MD

Remove this Banner Ad

The ability to build and nurture relationships within the industry is incredibly underrated on this site.

I reckon it's one of the reasons you rarely see people picked from outside the industry. It's certainly important. Particularly in some roles. I reckon it's an area you could put less weight on say for the CEO though and expand your horizons a bit (off topic a bit I realise).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently the Pro-Scout will examine the lists at other clubs to identify possible trades beneficial to Collingwood.

That could be a one day a month role or a flying all over the country to see the players not getting a game in the AFL role.

Trawl bigfooty for the lists of players out of contract, put them in a table and list some key attributes like position, weight, height etc.

Then either scope out reviews of the games or actually go and watch them to fill in your comments section on the player.

That could be a one day a month role or a flying all over the country to see the players not getting a game in the AFL role.

Trawl bigfooty for the lists of players out of contract, put them in a table and list some key attributes like position, weight, height etc.

Then either scope out reviews of the games or actually go and watch them to fill in your comments section on the player.
You going to apply?

Who does Gleeson Barrack For?

Richmond I believe.

Will stand corrected.

Writes in a smart Alec way, for what it's worth (which is not much ).

I will also stand to be corrected. I think Gleeson is a pretty strong Collingwood supporter. His brother Jeff Gleeson QC does a lot of the big legal cases for the AFL , Essendon/James Hird etc, and he is definitely a big Collingwood supporter.

I will also stand to be corrected. I think Gleeson is a pretty strong Collingwood supporter. His brother Jeff Gleeson QC does a lot of the big legal cases for the AFL , Essendon/James Hird etc, and he is definitely a big Collingwood supporter.
You are right. I just checked.
My bad.

TradeDraft michael Gleeson is one of us, I got it wrong. Not Richmond.

The acquisition of Guy seems to have surprised the footy community some what in a good way, like why didn't we think of that. I have no idea if we are following another club but it makes sense. All of it, the side way movement of Hine as well.

I'm really liking everything i'm hearing about the list management changes. First and foremost Walsh seems to be staying on as the Football Department Manager. I hope that's still the case and he isn't made the CEO. Ned Guy as a list manager brings skills in negotiating and industry connections. Hine being retained and his strengths best utilised in talent id. Rendall, a very capable operator, heading up opposition scouting an area we failed to appropriately resource in the past. And it seems we are accessing a network of scouts without directly employing them getting around the footy department cap.

We have restructured list management and recruiting by better utilising existing resources and cleverly spending (on Guy and the network of scouts) to improve our resourcing without (i'd imagine) breaking the bank.

Now we need to look at development to get the most out of our recruits. And high performance so that we can keep them on the park and ensure their development isn't disjointed. Still crickets on both fronts but I hope we see something in those areas soon too.

And it seems we are accessing a network of scouts without directly employing them getting around the footy department cap.

So they're working for nothing? Not sure how this works. Do you know any more?

Good luck to the new Guy.

3606a95afdded66c5e63620bed5e624a.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back