List Mgmt. Gibbs - 2017 Trade Discussions! V2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guys here is what I have been told a couple of weeks ago and I doubt it would have changed much:

- Gibbs still wants out
- We still want him
- Carlton regrets not doing the deal last year
- A lot of ego from both sides got in the way of getting the deal done
- Our offer is not going to be much different to what was offered last year
- Both teams have been talking for some time on this
- Talk of two 1st round picks is just absolute rubbish

My gut feel based on the info is that the deal will get done and would not be surprised if it is one of the first deals done once the trade week starts.

Stiffy

I mentioned week 1 of finals that Gibbs and his Manager were in Adelaide to talk to the club and I'm with you that this deal will happen it just won't be played out in the public forum as it did last year

All parties have come back to the table with trying to achieve a fairly balanced outcome

Anyone thinking that Gibbs won't be a great get are kidding himself

Adds a different look and skill set to our midfield, good footy IQ, elite ball use and can hit the scoreboard
If the deals right we will be better off for sure.

Any ideas of time frame ??

Let's get Gibbs. Only 28. The perfect recruit for us. Plus another way to phvck over Carlton!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the last 10 years Hawthorn has won 16 finals, Geelong 15, Sydney 12, Crows 6, Carlton 2.

The crows are closer to a 'perennial bottom 4 team' than a successful team.
So we've won triple the finals you have?

You lied to Gibbs. You told him you would be competing for flags to get him to re-sign, and within a year you were rebuilding. He should have walked out on your club.

You ARE doing a lot better than us in receiving the first pick in the draft.

Let me put this in another way...

1)Hawthorn +10
2)Geelong +9
3)Sydney +6
4)Collingwood +4
5)Bulldogs +1
6)Crows 0
7)Port -1
7)west coast -1
7)Fremantle -1
7)St kilda -1
7)North -1
8)Richmond -3
9)Carlton -4
9)GWS -4
10)Melbourne -6
10)Gold Coast -6
10)Brisbane -6
10)Essendon -6

Most successful: +10, +9, +6
Perennial bottom 4 Carlton: -4
You should not count the win against Essendon.

Which makes you clearly the second worst in the AFL, and us sixth best. Seems about right.

Im just glad the Gibbs trade didn't come to fruition last year. Let's say the crows had a better day last satdee in the GF, Betts kicks 5, Jacobs dominates and hypothetically, Gibbs cuts richmond apart on the outside and wins the norm smith. This could've happened.....and honestly....still could. Crows are still firmly in the window. Gibbs would add a ton to your outside run. This can be a real win win for both clubs if the chests can be deflated a little. Crows are understandably grumpy at the moment so a deal might not happen.

Stop playing the fool all the time

Sloane is 12 months, almost to the day, younger than Gibbs

Comparison holds

Back in your box, you drunk man.;)

Stop playing the drunk all the time. :drunk:

Sloane has played less games than Gibbs so therefore will have recorded less wins, which was the point of discussion.:drunk:

Im just glad the Gibbs trade didn't come to fruition last year. Let's say the crows had a better day last satdee in the GF, Betts kicks 5, Jacobs dominates and hypothetically, Gibbs cuts richmond apart on the outside and wins the norm smith. This could've happened.....and honestly....still could. Crows are still firmly in the window. Gibbs would add a ton to your outside run. This can be a real win win for both clubs if the chests can be deflated a little. Crows are understandably grumpy at the moment so a deal might not happen.

There you have it.

Thats the reason why the Blues didnt want the trade to happen, not because they could improve their Club but rather worried how well the Crows could do.

There you have it.

Thats the reason why the Blues didnt want the trade to happen, not because they could improve their Club but rather worried how well the Crows could do.

Probably the same reason why half of my crow buddies want Dangerfield to do his knee every other game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back