Analysis The Temple of Acres

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great to have Acres locked away until 2020, puts to bed all those rumours he could be involved in a trade back to WA.

He will be coming into his prime over the next few years and should develop into an A grade mid for us.

Age: 21yr 11mth Games: 44 Born: October 7, 1995 Height: 190cm Weight: 90kg

Six ft 2 inches and 90 kg and still only 21 the kid is going to be a beast.

"Beast" - hope so! Sometimes seems to lethargic for me

I've had this opinion since Day 25, Acres will be a multiple AA. I understand the concerns, may not be switched on yet for AFL game style. That will come. This kid can play. Acres and Roo spent the most time together then any other young player...
Roo wouldnt have wasted his time if he didn't have huge potential..

Acres is also a pretty switched on bloke with the game, has smarts, just has trouble bringing those smarts out in his game... Players are like that, he will come good and has shown considerable improvement...
Acres knows this and he knows that being at The Saints will benefit him long term, he knows the areas where he needs to improve and is hell bent on that..

Something special

Rewatching a few of our wins this year just for something to do but I was taking more notice of Acres. Man when he breaks tackles and charges it's something special. Opens the game up, and he's one of the few on our list who take te game on in that way.

I'm not sure how good he'll get, I have a feeling he'll always be worrying about consistency, but he could be a point of difference in big games.

Did you see that fend-off, he's clearly better than Dustin Martin, and no Bikey connections.
I'm happy to ignore the fact that he fended off Butter Hartung and say he is the next Martin with this brutal fend-off.... and Fyfe.... combined.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back