All things horse racing

Remove this Banner Ad

Bonneval is proper underrated.

Watch out.
A beauty, really going super well.
I like Hartnell more as a horse that might get a nice race here or there, but on today Bonaval is going to challenge for the Caulfield Cup. Top mare.

Tough race the next G1.
Am not sure, be interesting.

All good points.
Whilst Richard Freedman is a smart Alec, smug, annoying, up himself, he does know his sport. And really is very capable as a trainer.
Agree sky is so Sydney, drives you mad.

Your idea of not listening to commentators is very very smart. Got to do it yourself.
My only exception for me anyway, is I like listening to Deane Lester as he has so much insight and I just check gave a missed something. I don't necessarily change but I put his thoughts with a degree of respect.

Trainers? Steer well clear. I always remember trainers are really speaking to potential clients ie presenting views with an eye to listeners who may want a horse. If you think like that about them, can't go wrong. Or, just give their comments a grain of salt.

Certain trainers have patterns in the information.
Gai tales everything up, listen to her you'd think every runner is going to win. She is just a spruiker. I've had the pleasure of listening to her speak or do a night with her. She's so much fun. Takes over. Love her for that. Very different to her dad, who also was a spruiker but always he had a bit of a nasty streak. Not a graceful loser.
Back to Gai, be very wary, as everything is going to win.

David Hayes talks up his horses but is usually more circumspect.

The late great Bart Cummings when asked if he's horse was going to win, went with, "back it each way, if you like it."
When told his horse was going to win would say "let's hope you're a good judge."
Didn't really give much away.

Jack Denham, you got nothing! Not sure he even told himself :)

Then there was George Hanlon, he had great gobbledegook. Didn't realy tell you much.
My favourite was "I don't mind losing, I just hate getting beat."

John Hawkes, like Clarko, ums and ahhs a plenty.

Graeme Rogerson another spruiker, but he was also always trying to sell you something. And a lot of yeh, nah when he spoke.
Used to know a trainer wife says he used to sleep on the couch if he had a certainty just in case he spoke in his sleep true.

Used to know a trainer wife says he used to sleep on the couch if he had a certainty just in case he spoke in his sleep true.
Love the old timers- they'd done stuff like that.

Does any trainer ever out do the late Jack Denham, you could never get him to say anything

Since Lee Freedman went to Singapore, Anthony has got the horses flying. MAybe a stable to follow through the spring, They have been quiet for a long time now
Its been widely accepted that Lee Freedman, with the issues he had when having time off a few years ago, isn't up to it any longer.

No surprise to see A.Freedman hit the ground running.

Winx

Going for 21 in a row this week at Flemington.

Turnbull Stakes
Group 1
2000 m

Set weights and penalties.

Winner gets special dispensation for the Melbourne Cup and if nominated and not yet qualified will be considered fully qualified for this year's edition.

Winx has never raced at Flemington.

The winner of the Bart Cummings, Group 3, 2500m, will gain a ballot free pass into the Melbourne Cup field this year (assuming they have nominated). All three placegetters if not have done so already, will pass all qualification clauses for this year's race (and next year's as well as a matter of fact).

Ooh TAB gave me free entry to the Turnbull Stakes day.

I should go :p never been to the races before.
You will love it - I think.
Will be busy day
But Winx will be there :)

Enjoy if you decide to go.

Beautiful racecourse

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You will love it - I think.
Will be busy day
But Winx will be there :)

Enjoy if you decide to go.

Beautiful racecourse

Don't like crowds. Especially big ones.

Not sure I want to miss seeing Winx in the flesh in my lifetime

Especially for free.

Would be a big few days with the Copeland trophy the night before.

I might have to wear my suit twice heh I might be able to pass as a young up and coming trainer with my ray bans on.

What's the last time a horse has been $4.60 next to Winx?

Surely we are going back to the 2015 Cox plate?

People must really think Winx is vulnerable now.

She's done a fair bit of racing. 30 career starts now. Been pushed a bit. This has been her longest prep in ages.

I feel like Winx has more of a sustained sprint but humidor has an excellent closing kick.

Earmuffs off for Winx? Waller still going ahead with that? Gotta hope she doesn't mess up at the barrier again.

She's not going to come back from a 6 length missed start with the tank that humidor is carrying.

Should be interesting.

What's the last time a horse has been $4.60 next to Winx?

Surely we are going back to the 2015 Cox plate?

People must really think Winx is vulnerable now.

She's done a fair bit of racing. 30 career starts now. Been pushed a bit. This has been her longest prep in ages.

I feel like Winx has more of a sustained sprint but humidor has an excellent closing kick.

Earmuffs off for Winx? Waller still going ahead with that? Gotta hope she doesn't mess up at the barrier again.

She's not going to come back from a 6 length missed start with the tank that humidor is carrying.

Should be interesting.
Humidor and Flemington is the key.
As Humidor goes from the back this will allow Winx to be watchful.

Suspect Winx will pull away three lengths.

I wonder what the magicool X Skyfire quinella would pay?

Odds of $401 and $601 right now. Would be a hilarious Bradbury moment if either got up.

What's a 61 rated horse doing in a g1?
Just an easy way to see Winx up close for connections and make an easy 3 grand out of it? (10k payment for finishing in those last two positions). Figure they will get about 3k profit after all fees are paid.

Just read up you're more likely to be born with 11 fingers or toes (500-1) than either Magicool or Skyfire is likely to win the Turnbull stakes. :p

I wonder what the magicool X Skyfire quinella would pay?

Odds of $401 and $601 right now. Would be a hilarious Bradbury moment if either got up.

What's a 61 rated horse doing in a g1?
Just an easy way to see Winx up close for connections and make an easy 3 grand out of it? (10k payment for finishing in those last two positions). Figure they will get about 3k profit after all fees are paid.
That would be it, get some dough for a track gallop.

Bart had a horse called Puddycat and there was few acceptances in a good race so ran him, got 5th or last depends how you look at it and I think it was $20k or so. Smart!

Just read up you're more likely to be born with 11 fingers or toes (500-1) than either Magicool or Skyfire is likely to win the Turnbull stakes. :p
My market/pricing algo has both Skyfire & Magicool at 2500-1. And thats about right.

Shame about the field size, as a genuinely run Turnbull Stakes with a totally airborne Humidor might have just made things interesting for Winx. But they'll canter seven furlongs and dash home in 32.5 L600m and she'll get it done.

Getting a super price Amelies Star (Flem R7) too, marked $5.00 currently plenty of $8 around. Could quite easily back her then chop out on Almandin (star) to make sure you don't lose on the race.

For those liking a bit of exotics to make your day.
There looks two legs of the Big 6 that are one outs, Winx and Almandin, so that's a quaddie but with a (hopefully) big 6 payout.
If only it was that easy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back