2018 Membership WTF ???

Remove this Banner Ad

magpielicious

All Australian
Apr 29, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Anyone else get their membership mail today ?
Notice how they now want to charge $100 for social club membership on top of whatever membership level you are on ?
So Legends now goes up to $1000 (seats included) !!!!

Price increase without having to tell members the cost is going up !!

Maybe the club is expecting a reduction in membership numbers so they figure they may as well suck everyone dry !

Notice how they now want to charge $100 for social club membership on top of whatever membership level you are on ?

Maybe the club is expecting a reduction in membership numbers so they figure they may as well suck everyone dry !

I noticed that also.....I am taking it to work to ask the question.

It is all a bit confusing.......I have my seats allocated but I can't get into the bar now?

If this is true I'm going to be very annoyed.

Just looking at the renewal flyer now. There is no mention that Legends members have to purchase the Social Club upgrade. I assume that is an optional extra for members who don't have access.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just looking at the renewal flyer now. There is no mention that Legends members have to purchase the Social Club upgrade. I assume that is an optional extra for members who don't have access.

I am about to email to clarify jmac70.......I will keep you posted.

My two boys membership's don't look right also........wish me luck!

I haven't opened mine yet. Doesn't worry me either way if you're not happy don't pay.

However if they're going to stinge 100 clams for a social club. We will actually have this social club they speak of?

I'm a Legends Member, which includes Social Club plus reserved seat.
Surely they are not increasing that by $100 ?
Must be for those with reserved seats (but no Social Club Memdership)?

If the Club needs more cash...don't take it from those already giving...find new sources...there are thousands of cats & dogs queueing up to join the club.

Sent the email this morning.........saying they will get back to me within three days.

Will keep you guys/girls posted on their response.

Sent the email this morning.........saying they will get back to me within three days.

Will keep you guys/girls posted on their response.

I gave them a call, it is an an optional extra for members who don't have access. No change to Legends.

Already renewed but alas cant afford Social Club. Just normal stables for me.

Social Club is supposed to give you a vote. $100 extra or not it's pointless.

I will always support the club/team but I've given up my social club membership until we get an administration I support. It doesn't make much difference to Eddie & co but it makes me feel better.

What is the benefits of social club? Is it just voting rights
Once upon a time it was a real membership. Apart from voting rights the Vic Park social club was a place to go after the game and have a drink to celebrate what was usually a win and you would generally get players turning up. The numbers of members wasn't high like it is today. Times have changed, the venue has changed and the model has probably had it's day. It's probably time to let the unwashed masses in and give every season ticket holder a vote. That won't happen because it will reduce revenue significantly but I think an overhaul (for all membership based clubs) is over due.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back