List Mgmt. Jenkins

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a perfect world Tex would be playing at FF at told not leave the forward 50. Jenkins would be playing SANFL.

No .. can remember footage of Sam Newman trying to that and being penalised in the 70's.
Yep, he had a point too, I guess in the same way Trevor Chappell did. Nowhere in the rules did it say you have to wait for the ball to start its descent before tapping it, it was simply "after it's bounced".

He will be a player who needs to be consistently reminded and made to do it. He'll have a game where he gets a few over the top and think to himself "Hey, I don't need to do that to score" and stop doing it.

Look at his game against Carlton where he laid 13 tackles. Probably didn't get close to that for the rest of the year because he patted himself on the back for a job well done and coasted thereafter.

Nailed it. Which is what’s so ******* frustrating.

He’s talented. Hugely fit. Fairly mobile. Can roost a goal. But he’s got no tough footballer instincts. He should write “don’t be soft” on his wrists to remind himself.

It's almost like he watches too much American sport. I love the NFL and the MLB (and somewhat enjoy the NBA), but to me it's more "spectacle" than heart-and-soul like footy.

Those other sports have a smaller number of important players on the field. To do well you need to have the physical attributes, be fit enough, and be well trained. But then it's more about "executing" your skills.

You can't just do that in our sport. Effort (eventually) beats execution. Repeated and consistent effort is something that he still hasn't worked out or is perhaps simply unable to do.

JJ just finished up on Fiveaa

Gave a pretty honest account of the last week I thought. Didn't really elaborate on his GF performance but I guess its too raw still.

Said he knows nothing about the senior leadership group asking Don not to play Lever but admits the players are collectively 'spewing' that he is leaving (I get the impression he and Lever aren't mates either). He did say however that he and Charlie are really close and he knows nothing about him wanting to leave.

Finished up by saying he has only seen the social media comments about him in the last day or so and 'sees it for what it is'

Well I see with the improvement of MacKay, everyone is scrambling for a new wipppng boy....

Come on down Josh Jenkins!
What do you mean scrambling. After Saturdays game we now have plenty of whipping boys to choose from.

Big Jenko sounded quite upbeat but I suppose it helps when you know you are going to be gifted $2 mill to do bugger all. Lucky his massive ego prevents him from seeing that 99% of the football world think he's a hack.

JJ just finished up on Fiveaa

Gave a pretty honest account of the last week I thought. Didn't really elaborate on his GF performance but I guess its too raw still.

Said he knows nothing about the senior leadership group asking Don not to play Lever but admits the players are collectively 'spewing' that he is leaving (I get the impression he and Lever aren't mates either). He did say however that he and Charlie are really close and he knows nothing about him wanting to leave.

Finished up by saying he has only seen the social media comments about him in the last day or so and 'sees it for what it is'
Jenkins had a poor game, he acknowledged that on 5AA. He made a pretty honest assessment of the GF game and the situation regarding Lever and Cameron. I don't mind listening to him talk to be honest. Seems like a pretty laid back kind of guy.
If only he can use his big frame and start hurting a few opposition defenders next year, all will be forgiven!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I was Greenwood id look to do something completely different as well, like maybe try and tap the ball as it's going up ala basketball style. What's stopping him from standing really close to the bounce and effectively smoother the umpires bounce and grab possession?

Watch a YouTube of one of the grand finals with Norwood in it ‘78 maybe early eighties can’t remember. I recon Greg Turnbull?? was doing this a lot, virtually taking the ball out of the umpires hands.

Jenkins had a poor game, he acknowledged that on 5AA. He made a pretty honest assessment of the GF game and the situation regarding Lever and Cameron. I don't mind listening to him talk to be honest. Seems like a pretty laid back kind of guy.
If only he can use his big frame and start hurting a few opposition defenders next year, all will be forgiven!

I would just like him to at least hurt the Sherrin !

Watch a YouTube of one of the grand finals with Norwood in it ‘78 maybe early eighties can’t remember. I recon Greg Turnbull?? was doing this a lot, virtually taking the ball out of the umpires hands.

The 'smothering' of bounces was outlawed way back about then.

Coaches just need to get him to act a bit more like Tarzan and do more crashing and bashing. In fact the coaches need to instill more mongrel into the whole team.

Don't care if he plays like Jane and Kick 50- 60 plus goals, its better than playing Tarzan and Kicking 30 to 40 goals,

For me next season is all about how he plays. If he bashes and crashes and kicks 35 goals, with Gov picking up the other 15-20 then we will be a better side.

Got my doubts though.

Don't care if he plays like Jane and Kick 50- 60 plus goals, its better than playing Tarzan and Kicking 30 to 40 goals,

Strongly disagree.

I'll take Tarzan kicking 40 goals because he's likely creating another 40 with his toughness.

As opposed to Jane who might kick 60 but lets the opposition rebound for 20 against us because of his softness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back