Carlton Board Phantom Draft - Expressions of Interest

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey peeps. I have had a play around a built a PHANTOM DRAFT TRACKER

It's a work in progress; it's functional, but probably isn't bulletproof. I thought it might be a good time for the nerds (and non-nerds) to start playing around with it.

A few features:
  • It's a google doc, so everyone can use the same file at the same time. As one person enters their selection, everyone else's spreadsheets update a second later
  • Players are listed in drop downs; so you can find your players from an A-Z list or type in any part of their name (first or surname) to find them
  • If you select a player that has already been selected, it will warn you
  • If you enter in a team in cell B1, it will tell you that's teams pick #s and who they have selected so far
Notes:
  • I've listed players invited to national and state combines. You can still add a player outside of this manually
  • I've pre-filled in the top 30 based on a BF phantom draft from earlier this year
  • I've got a few other features/functionality I'd like to build in, but for now I'll let this out into the world for testing/feedback (I have a habit of sitting on a project until it's perfect, but then never actually launching anything because I'm never finished)
  • Being an open spreadsheet is awesome, but also dangerous. Anyone could kill a formula accidentally etc. I have a backup copy of this, so you can go nuts. Maybe the final version needs to be protected and/or administered by Blue and Silver or Jimmae or me or someone else.
  • If I can B F'd (see what I did there), I'll have the front page also list every pick/selection by team, build in a academy/FS bidding process and more

Am in if there is a spare spot
Lucky last!

ping Blue and Silver

Hey peeps. I have had a play around a built a PHANTOM DRAFT TRACKER

It's a work in progress; it's functional, but probably isn't bulletproof. I thought it might be a good time for the nerds (and non-nerds) to start playing around with it.

A few features:
  • It's a google doc, so everyone can use the same file at the same time. As one person enters their selection, everyone else's spreadsheets update a second later
  • Players are listed in drop downs; so you can find your players from an A-Z list or type in any part of their name (first or surname) to find them
  • If you select a player that has already been selected, it will warn you
  • If you enter in a team in cell B1, it will tell you that's teams pick #s and who they have selected so far
Notes:
  • I've listed players invited to national and state combines. You can still add a player outside of this manually
  • I've pre-filled in the top 30 based on a BF phantom draft from earlier this year
  • I've got a few other features/functionality I'd like to build in, but for now I'll let this out into the world for testing/feedback (I have a habit of sitting on a project until it's perfect, but then never actually launching anything because I'm never finished)
  • Being an open spreadsheet is awesome, but also dangerous. Anyone could kill a formula accidentally etc. I have a backup copy of this, so you can go nuts. Maybe the final version needs to be protected and/or administered by Blue and Silver or Jimmae or me or someone else.
  • If I can B F'd (see what I did there), I'll have the front page also list every pick/selection by team, build in a academy/FS bidding process and more
Yeah this was my worry with a coded sheet: a lot can go wrong. You've definitely made it fairly straight forward for entry, but the point of having the pool in there would be to offer a reference. I'm a perfectionist like yourself so I'd have added layer after layer of feature sets before pushing it out. :p

The big thing missing here is the points system, and how that can impact a change in selections. I'm not familiar enough with excel or sheets code to know if a complete solution could be implemented there, but it definitely could math out the points cost.

Yeah this was my worry with a coded sheet: a lot can go wrong. You've definitely made it fairly straight forward for entry, but the point of having the pool in there would be to offer a reference. I'm a perfectionist like yourself so I'd have added layer after layer of feature sets before pushing it out. :p

The big thing missing here is the points system, and how that can impact a change in selections. I'm not familiar enough with excel or sheets code to know if a complete solution could be implemented there, but it definitely could math out the points cost.

Jimmae ferrisb Happy to help with the debugging of the said spreadsheet

Ok

For the Snake Draft I have drafted an order it is...

1.B&S
2. Neadsy83
3. Blue Tongue
4. Terry Wallet
5. Coona Blues
6. Blugazi
7. Gandaal
8. ShanDog
9. Jeremias
10. Jimmae
11. ScottoP
12. SoapyV
13. Foucault1989
14. Skyhorse Tamer
15. Wickzki
16. Harker
17. Esoteric
18. Arrow

A reminder the order then reverses. Which means Arrow also has 19, and I get 36...

So Pick 1 isn't quite the gem it seems.

I am going to start a new thread in the Blue Room and tag all players, include a full 5 round list in the OP etc.

So bear with me for an hour or so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back