Opinion 2017 Draft Discussion - Pick 3 - Poll added

Who we are likely to take at Pick 3 .......

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

BlackGoanna

Premium Gold
Aug 17, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I still rate LDU number 1. Rayner at 2 and Dow at 3 then Cerra Stephenson Coffield. Be happy with any of them but want LDU

With 7 & 8 we would get 2 of Stephenson Coffield Clark Higgins Brander

Yes pretty well my line up also . If we had if nabbed Rockcliff I would have been inclined to take Stephenson . I think LDU will be gone at 1, so it'll be Rayner or Dow

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

BlackGoanna

Premium Gold
Aug 17, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Controversial opinion. I don't like Dow as a top 3 pick. Disposal seems wonky.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Yes, only because he is always at top pace and under pressure, when he gets out is space it is fine. It's a bit like Dangerfield and Cotchin who both have a tendency to bomb the ball in those circumstances. I think there is enough upside in his speed and hardness to justify pick 3

Yes, only because he is always at top pace and under pressure, when he gets out is space it is fine. It's a bit like Dangerfield and Cotchin who both have a tendency to bomb the ball in those circumstances. I think there is enough upside in his speed and hardness to justify pick 3
I guess what I am saying is that it reminds me of Robbo.

Bang it on the boot or go until you get stopped then just get space.

I much prefer Cerra or LDU standing in the tackle and handballing to advantage

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Smartspeed 20-metre sprint
Jack Petruccelle 2.87 seconds
Kane Farrell 2.90
Aiden Bonar 2.90
Ben Miller 2.91
Nick Coffield 2.91

Smartspeed agility test
Kane Farrell 8.10 seconds
Ben Miller 8.10
Brent Daniels 8.11
Trent Mynott 8.20
Nathan Kreuger 8.21

Standing vertical jump
Aiden Bonar 89cm
Kyron Hayden 82cm
Harrison Jones 79cm
Jordan Houlahan 77cm
Jordan Johnston 75cm

ray8182

All Australian
Sep 11, 2008
Echuca
AFL Club
Carlton
Thats if we trade trade pick 3

If we go in woth pick 3 and Raynor and LDU or gone, who did you think SOS and co will select ? Dow would be my pick but reckon it will be a selection to compliment Cripps, Kennedy and Curnow

Kennedy and Cripps will be our 2 main contested midfielders. They don't have much pace. Dows pace out of the contest could be very handy with Cripps/Kennedy feeding the ball out.

I see Moore won the yo-yo test. I like this guy but we don't have a second rounder around the mark where he would be taken.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Some of the testing being conducted at the combine

Category
Tests Comments
Fitness
Endurance One test of aerobic endurance is conducted at the draft camp, the yo-yo intermittent test.
Vertical Jump The vertical jump test is performed to measure leg power. The test is performed from a standing position, and also a running vertical jump in which the player takes a few strides before leaping off one leg.
Speed Sprint time over 20 meters with a split times for the first 5 and 10 meters, with the best time recorded from three attempts.
Agility The AFL Agility Test is a specific slalom-type agility test has been developed for AFL, which involves running in and out and around obstacles over roughly 40 meters in total.
Physical Height A player's height is measured with shoes off.
Weight Body mass is measured. Weight is compared to the height and skinfold measures, to look at how muscular a player is.
Skinfolds Body fat is estimated using the skinfold method.
Flexibility
The sit and reach test was once performed, it is not sure if it is still on the testing program. This test measures lower back and hamstring flexibility.

Hand Span The size of the hand is determined using the Hand Span Measurement.
Arm Length Arm length is measured.
Psychomotor Kicking Efficiency the kicking skill efficiency skill test (added in 2009) is a test designed by Nathan Buckley to provide analysis of football kicking technique, speed of delivery, trajectory and accuracy.
Goal Kicking the newly added goalkicking test (added in 2012) was developed by Western Bulldog Brad Johnson in which each player has five shots at goals - two set shots, two snap shots and one on the run.
Decision Making Good decision making is an important skill for an AFL player.
Reaction Time The reaction time test requires the players to hit a board as many times as they can in 30 seconds.
Peripheral Awareness Peripheral awareness is the ability to be aware of and react to things that are going on around you. AFL players need to be able to be aware of what is going on around the field and to be able to react appropriately to what they see.
Psychological
personality test

tests ability to manage pressure, make sense of confusing situations, emotional intelligence, personal strength
Medical medical check, eye tests, screening, photographs

Back