Non-Lions Footy Season (2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think about it, Dew was probably the obvious choice.

For all his good work with Port Melbourne, they were never going to go for a guy like Ayres, Too much like Rodney Eade Mark 2.

Ratten would have had some appeal but once again , a discarded coach from yesteryear. Ditto for Knights

So they probably had no choice but to go with the best Assistant on offer.

Dew is a two time Premiership player and with a background as a respected Assistant under Longmire's Swans regime.

Trumps Carecalla and Barker hands down.

Good appointment.

Knocks back applying for Brisbane job then goes to the Suns. Unless he knew Fagan was OTL.

Might have come to the thinking that Horse was planning on sticking around for a while too. Which I wouldn't be surprised by tbqh.

HF: Devon Smith Hooker McDonald-Tipungwuti
FF: Fantasia Daniher Stringer

That’s a pretty exciting forward line

HF: Devon Smith Hooker McDonald-Tipungwuti
FF: Fantasia Daniher Stringer

That’s a pretty exciting forward line

Yep, plenty of goal scoring options there. Neither Smith or Stringer known for their defensive work rate, though, so it'll be interesting to see if that changes at a new club. And Smith wants to play more midfield minutes I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmm Stephen Trigg Carlton CEO has resigned. Interesting his family remained based in Adelaide and he was commuting between two cities during his tenure.

No one should bail the Swans out on Tippett. They went all in and need to pay full price.

Can not agree more. 1 of the first big long term deals to get a player and it has backfired. They need to pay the price for it so clubs think twice before doing it again. What i don't understand is that they did it with him, then again with Buddy. The more players like Titch we can force out of them the better.

...so, we don't want Lever because he ups and leaves, sure hope we don't go after Stringer....he'll just string us along.

Must go after Charlie Cameron, he will bring us another "Charlie" Brownlow..

Just reported on SEN that the Adelaide FC has informed Lever that he is not welcome at their B&F function tonight.

If true, that's really quite juvenile. I am starting to think the Birdman is emotionally out of his depth in the footy manager role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back