Prediction Next Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed, as a neutral I cringe watching this bloke captain your club.
Viewed the 1st half again of the GF to see where it was won/lost and couldn't believe the lack of effort/grunt Walker gave when the heat was on...didn't chase, block, run with or exert any physical pressure when it was needed and was constantly pointing the finger and berating his own. Meanwhile Sloane dug in and kept you in it.
At least you know what you're going to get with Sloane, hope you can hang on to him.
You cringe? * off you w***er.

Tex has been suffering from turf toe for the last couple of months and 5AA hinted at a knee. You don't know what physical state he's in to judge his performance.

As for Sloane, I love him but he had 6 possessions after half time, whilst his 5 game opponent kicked 2 goals. He hardly was there when the team needed him.

Sauce would be a decent choice. Proven big game performer, well respected, good media performer.

Tex is injured, turf toe. He was last year, got over it, it came back.
Most players don't/can't even play with it.
Sandilands sat out most of a year and then again part of the next year when it flared up.

I knew it anyway but Rowe and Bickley the other night said Tex won't make excuses but he's not right, Rowie then mumbled yeah the bloody turf toe.
You cringe? **** off you ******.

Tex has been suffering from turf toe for the last couple of months and 5AA hinted at a knee. You don't know what physical state he's in to judge his performance.

As for Sloane, I love him but he had 6 possessions after half time, whilst his 5 game opponent kicked 2 goals. He hardly was there when the team needed him.

Strange that the club would take a risk knowing he was far from 100%, how far away was McGovern?

Tex has the role until he retires. After that, didn't Gallucci captain Vic metro? Can't get a game but watch this space in 2022!! :)

Jono Brown, Tredrea, Hird (cough cough), Pav, Rough, Reiwoldt - yeah, probably right. CHF as a captain is not a good thing

If you wanted to prove a point you have used terrible examples. Roughhead aside, the CHF's you list were all elite. Tex is not in their league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed, as a neutral I cringe watching this bloke captain your club.
Viewed the 1st half again of the GF to see where it was won/lost and couldn't believe the lack of effort/grunt Walker gave when the heat was on...didn't chase, block, run with or exert any physical pressure when it was needed and was constantly pointing the finger and berating his own. Meanwhile Sloane dug in and kept you in it.
At least you know what you're going to get with Sloane, hope you can hang on to him.

As a Crows fan I couldn’t give two *s whether you cringe or not. Two years in a row Walker has been judged by his peers as best captain. His teammates love him and he has form in carrying this team over the line in big games. He’s struggled with turf toe in the back half of the season and probably shouldn’t have played. But having him out there was clearly thought to be more important than not playing him at all.

He didn’t perform on GF day and he’ll *en hate it, just like we all do. But your assessment of him is all wrong.

Tex is the captain for at least another year or two. Sloane and Talia are the only ones I’d consider outside of Walker at the moment. The Crouch boys are not captain material, they don’t like the media nor public speaking etc.

I think Laird would be a solid choice at some point, longer term maybe someone like Galucci who was a co captain at the Ranges and has been talked up for his leadership capabilities.

As a Crows fan I couldn’t give two ****s whether you cringe or not. Two years in a row Walker has been judged by his peers as best captain. His teammates love him and he has form in carrying this team over the line in big games. He’s struggled with turf toe in the back half of the season and probably shouldn’t have played. But having him out there was clearly thought to be more important than not playing him at all.

He didn’t perform on GF day and he’ll ****en hate it, just like we all do. But your assessment of him is all wrong.

Tex is the captain for at least another year or two. Sloane and Talia are the only ones I’d consider outside of Walker at the moment. The Crouch boys are not captain material, they don’t like the media nor public speaking etc.

I think Laird would be a solid choice at some point, longer term maybe someone like Galucci who was a co captain at the Ranges and has been talked up for his leadership capabilities.

Yep I agree with this. And if what I heard this morning is correct and Tex (and the leadership group) tried to fix the Lever problem before the Grand Final then that takes guts. Best captain in the AFL two years in a row is no fluke. Tex is Captain for the forseeable future.

Matt doesn’t?!!
Not like Brad.

Brad has leadership written all over him.

You also want your captain to be a fierce tackler, to set the tone for the rest of the team.

Brad clearly is a great tackler. Matt has a lot of work to do here, with defence in general, probably he's weakest area.

Look, I think Sloane would make a fine captain, but I really don't think you can judge Tex unless you are part of the inner sanctum.

A few facts:

Walsh, a man that has been given god-like status on this board chose Tex over Sloane.

Every year since, Tex has been reinstalled by his peers. Over Sloane.

He has won best captain 2 years running.

Are his detractors saying they know better than Walsh, Pyke AND the playing group?

As for who should be our next captain... I have nfi.

Not like Brad.

Brad has leadership written all over him.

You also want your captain to be a fierce tackler, to set the tone for the rest of the team.

Brad clearly is a great tackler. Matt has a lot of work to do here, with defence in general, probably he's weakest area.
I reckon Matt is the only one to get dusty htb twice in a game, ever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back