Hawthorn sack CEO

Remove this Banner Ad

You were dumb because he is not a ruckman and never has wanted to be one. As a forward hes a goal square dude with no second efforts. He was 100% the wrong man for the coverage you rightly were looking for.

He was never gunna be hale 2.0 like hawks fans claimed.
Mainly because we didn’t need him to be in the end.

You were dumb because he is not a ruckman and never has wanted to be one. As a forward hes a goal square dude with no second efforts. He was 100% the wrong man for the coverage you rightly were looking for.

He was never gunna be hale 2.0 like hawks fans claimed.

Which free agent should Hawthorn have gone after to replace Roughie and Ceglar?

Mitchell. Plus, did you not notice all the picks we burned through to get JOM? :)

Trade a player then

This isnt a today thing btw, i said the same thing 12 months ago - he was the wrong bloke for what you wanted, and i actually didnt want ti lose him because we needed a stay at home tall.

Also not being a hypocrite. We passed on getting a replacement tall forward/ruck ourselves, which put all our eggs in the elton/griff/chol basket (which was a bad pkay in hindsight as all three failed, but we were saved by the new gameplan - so very lucky)

Trade a player then

This isnt a today thing btw, i said the same thing 12 months ago - he was the wrong bloke for what you wanted, and i actually didnt want ti lose him because we needed a stay at home tall.

Also not being a hypocrite. We passed on getting a replacement tall forward/ruck ourselves, which put all our eggs in the elton/griff/chol basket (which was a bad pkay in hindsight as all three failed, but we were saved by the new gameplan - so very lucky)

We needed a tall forward/ruck. We didnt have picks and we didnt have players wanting a trade (and really, what value would Fitzpatrick or Pittonet have - being our only 2 talls not injured or needed). So we had to go to free agency. The choices were basically Vickery and Vardy. And Vardy had struggled to get games because of injury. Not exactly someone you want to bring in to replace 2 players who were out injured/sick.

So the choice was Vickery or risk being exposed massively. It cost us a bit of money which had cleared up when both Mitchell and Lewis moved on. So really, it cost us nothing.

I dare say Vickery will be given another chance next year, given Clarko has said he doesnt want to trade a guy after only one year. Plus, we just dont know how much his restaurant loss affected his mindset. Hopefully that clears up for him over the next few months.

Hawthorn's become an absolute circus, it won't be long before they are wallowing near the bottom of the ladder as the graph is clearly on the way down which is the whole point of the draft/salary cap system. The appointment of Kennett shows just how desperate this club has become after the CEO and President left to bring back some 'power. This won't go down well with the Op's, his a cross between John Elliott and Donald Trump when you think about it and knowing how many see those men.....
Gee you went early here.
Merely 24 hours later your CEO is out the door and Carlton for all its false promises and misguided optimism, continues to be Carlton.

Luke Hodge gone
Kennett's back

I'm in for the ride!

Article in The Australian today, seems Gaudry’s husband nearly died earlier in the year. Strange after the health and family emergencies of Clarkson and Ratten respectively in recent years they had no compassion for their CEO.

I suppose there’s different rules for women at the “family club”.

Article in The Australian today, seems Gaudry’s husband nearly died earlier in the year. Strange after the health and family emergencies of Clarkson and Ratten respectively in recent years they had no compassion for their CEO.

I suppose there’s different rules for women at the “family club”.
"Gaudry quit on Monday."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back