2018 Membership WTF ???

Remove this Banner Ad

Social Club is supposed to give you a vote. $100 extra or not it's pointless.

I will always support the club/team but I've given up my social club membership until we get an administration I support. It doesn't make much difference to Eddie & co but it makes me feel better.
Really, when will that start?

I'm a Legends Member, which includes Social Club plus reserved seat.
Surely they are not increasing that by $100 ?
Must be for those with reserved seats (but no Social Club Memdership)?

If the Club needs more cash...don't take it from those already giving...find new sources...there are thousands of cats & dogs queueing up to join the club.
I have not got my legends membership updates yet. If it has gone up by $100 then stuff them. I also take it my 2 kids junior memverships would have gone up as well

A pony walks into a bar. He leans over to the barman and whispers his order. The bartenders asks "Why are you whispering?". The pony replies "I'm a little horse".

Ill see myself out.

Congratulations. You have won a free massage. Let me just get the music on...

DLWTSd8UMAAEAXf.jpg

A massage with hooves instead of opposable thumbs might be a bit awkward.

That cover art/photo is amazing.

Apparently the dude is a Richmond supporter.

593d5deb923505b6c0b2da51c2edb607

I have not got my legends membership updates yet. If it has gone up by $100 then stuff them. I also take it my 2 kids junior memverships would have gone up as well
It hasn't gone up. It's an upgrade option for non-social club members.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got my response......I love "my" bar at the MCG.

"Hi CFC2010,

You may have recently received your membership renewal form, and had some confusion around your Social Club access.

We want to clear that up for you.
In 2018 your membership will still automatically include access to the Social Club.
That means you do not need to purchase the additional add-on product as outlined on your form, and none of your existing benefits will be compromised.
Improving the Game Day experience is a priority to the club, and the addition of a Social Club Add-On now gives more members the chance to take part in all that it has to offer.
From enjoying a beverage in the facilities at the ‘G and Etihad Stadium, to soaking up the passion of the Magpie Army in The Glasshouse at the Holden Centre pre-game, the Social Club is an experience like no other.
We hope this opportunity will encourage a greater range of strong and spirited members to join the Social Club, ready to cheer on the black and white with you in 2018.
For any questions regarding the changes to Social Club membership in 2018, please contact Collingwood Membership Services on 1300 MAGPIE (1300 62 47 43) during business hours, or email membership@collingwoodfc.com.au."

Being a realist I can see why we moved from Vic Park and it would be silly playing games in that tiny venue these days but we did lose a very large and important part of Collingwood which can never be retrieved the day we left our home. I am glad we still play some reserves game there but the current and future generations will never have the Vic Park affiliation that some of us grew up with. I guess you don't miss what you never knew. The Social Club membership did become nothing more than a voting right when we moved and frankly, as I've said, even that's been cynically hijacked by an administration paying lip service to membership.

Being a realist I can see why we moved from Vic Park and it would be silly playing games in that tiny venue these days but we did lose a very large and important part of Collingwood which can never be retrieved the day we left our home. I am glad we still play some reserves game there but the current and future generations will never have the Vic Park affiliation that some of us grew up with. I guess you don't miss what you never knew. The Social Club membership did become nothing more than a voting right when we moved and frankly, as I've said, even that's been cynically hijacked by an administration paying lip service to membership.
The club had a chance to restore some of that culture with a decent set up at the Glasshouse but opted instead for function centre dollars. The stench of Pert hangs over it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back