2012 All-Australian side fails, plus more.

The 2012 All-Australian side is worse off because Jobe is still in it?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm all for keeping the drug jokes going until the end of time but this nitpicky s**t is sad...even for me.

And it needs to be pretty sad to achieve that.

I'm inclined to agree with you, my initial post about there being no 'fairest' clause in the AA selection is what I believe the AFL are hanging their hat on by not removing him from the team, not what I think is right.

What would they do with the team if they stripped him of it? Leave the spot empty (à la the NRL premiers in 2007 & 2009) or try and figure out who was next in line? Not that confusion about what to do next should be a reason to keep him in.

As a reminder to everyone about the stain on the competition. I also would have been okay with a * for the Brownlow in 2012. Though I am also okay with Trent and Sam receiving the award they deserved to win.

Jobe played the year out and performed well enough to make the AA team. He didn't do it fairly but there is no clause in the All Australian criteria which says he needed to have so unlike the Brownlow there isn't an objective measure to exclude him, rightly or wrongly.

He was found guilty of doping in 2012. That is a fairly "object measure" for his exclusion from the accolade ..........

Agree you should separate the decision to remove from the decision to replace in that the latter shouldn’t be an excuse to not make the former.

The replacment though if needed is narrowed at least by having to come from the squad of 40. Would there not also be notes or details of the selection process that may further identify the replacement?

My view would be just to leave it vacant though.

Same goes for Gary Ablett Senior. Who actually killed a girl.
Ablett Snr is one of the greatest players of all time.

Unlike EFC fans no one is going to defend Ablett Snr's extracurricular activities.

Essendon deliberately ran a pharmacological experimental regime using human beings as Guinea pigs to win some games where the aim is to put a pig skin filled with air through some upright posts.

EFC put dozens of players lives at risk including their future children...

Comparing these things is ridiculous and shows how morally bankrupt you are as a human being.

Jab Watson was a bog average plodder until he got on the gear.

Hilarious.

EFC put dozens of players lives at risk including their future children...

Comparing these things is ridiculous and shows how morally bankrupt you are as a human being.

Jab Watson was a bog average plodder until he got on the gear.

Hilarious.
Wait - are the players culpable or EFC? You seem to want to have it both ways - the players can't both be victims and villains.

There are no morals around PEDs, you've been sold a slave morality.

Meanwhile, you idolise a killer, and yet want to mentally separate parts of his life. Forgetting that Ablett killed a girl means you can enjoy his highlights reel. Whatever helps you sleep.

Cotchin & Mitchell won the Brownlow that year with Swan & Thompson both missing it by one vote.
They all made the AA side as did Gary Ablett, Josh Kennedy, Dayne Beames
By Brownlow votes, the highest vote getting midfielders who missed AA selection in 2012 were; Lenny Hayes, Scott Selwood & Kieren Jack.
Mitchell didn't get selected

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would not be easy to change it now as no one remembers the 2012 season in good enough detail to remember who was the next best midfielder that year.
Considering the bench was too midfield heavy anyway it probably shouldn't be a midfielder that comes in.
Kennedy, Swan, Pendlebury, and Deledio were on the bench, so one of them goes onto the field and another player comes on to the bench.

The remaining AA squad members that didn't make the team are;
Brent Reily,
Sam Jacobs,
Taylor Walker
Eddie Betts
Matthew Pavlich
Corey Enright
Harry Taylor
Joel Selwood
Tom Lonergan
Sam Mitchell
Andrew Swallow
Drew Petrie
Jack Reiwoldt
Ivan Maric
Nick Reiwoldt
Lenny Hayes
Kieran Jack
Lewis Jetta

I vote Pav.

Wait - are the players culpable or EFC? You seem to want to have it both ways - the players can't both be victims and villains.

There are no morals around PEDs, you've been sold a slave morality.

Meanwhile, you idolise a killer, and yet want to mentally separate parts of his life. Forgetting that Ablett killed a girl means you can enjoy his highlights reel. Whatever helps you sleep.
Haha.

Idolise a killer?

Hyperbole much?

There are no morals around PED use?

Hahahahaha

Only something an EFC fan would say.

You're right.

Abletts resulted in someone else dying.

Jobe's doesn't come close to that.
2 people willingly chose to take Heroin...

It is a disgrace and I hope Ablett feels guilty about it!

No one would give him a pass on that.

Jobs Watson is an internationally recognised drug cheat who willingly participated in a pharmacological experimental regime which has affected dozens of people's health long term and the health of any future children.

I'm not lowlife enough to suggest Ablett should be given a pass.

Saying Ablett is never going to be remembered besides the heroin OD tragedy is disingenuous.

He's one of the greatest players of all time.

Job will always be jab, internationally recognised drug cheat who was stripped of a Brownlow he won with nothing to do with natural ability.

Before he was on the gear he was a list clogger and after he was on the gear he was a list clogger.

Won't even be considered a top 100 player of his era.

Haha.

Idolise a killer?

Hyperbole much?

There are no morals around PED use?

Hahahahaha

Only something an EFC fan would say.
How comfortable are you with the association between all the parties involved with Essendon and your club?

When Bomber Thompson came back to the Bombers, in his own words he was shocked at the state Essendon was in, saying that it was "not a good club". So what was his first order of business, after what he learned at Geelong?

Get Leading Teams in like what happened in 2007 for Geelong?
Suggest a full football department review similar to 2006 for Geelong?

No!

He said, let's get the rodeo clown and his chemist mate I worked with down at Kardinia - the same guys who turned a vanilla midfielder into a Brownlow medallist a la Shane Woewodin, a soft long-haired half-forward flanker into the best player in the competition, a troubled drunk with dodgy ankles into an All Australian half forward that won the Norm Smith.

All in the space of one off season.

Dank and The Weapon must have wielded some magic if you're two time premiership coach thought they were the first port of call. What exactly did they do to turn a bunch of handbaggers into a premiership force?

Back