News All Hail our new Emperor - Mark Anderson

Remove this Banner Ad

There goes Simon Lethlean, then...?

We have to act now and get Lethlean just to stick it up Carlton. If given a straight choice he'd choose us because Carlton are an even bigger basket case than we are.

We have to act now and get Lethlean just to stick it up Carlton. If given a straight choice he'd choose us because Carlton are an even bigger basket case than we are.
In my view we should never ever act if it's to "stick it" to Carlton or any club for that matter.
We should only ever act if it's in our best interests.

How long will Carlton wait until they announce the replacement?
It depends upon whether Lethlean has accepted I suppose?

Trigg just may have resigned as a big FU to the Blues. We'll see pretty soon I guess.

It depends upon whether Lethlean has accepted I suppose?

Trigg just may have resigned as a big FU to the Blues. We'll see pretty soon I guess.
Carlton love a good back stabbing party.

Getting Lethlean onboard would be huge for us. Having a strong relationship with the AFL would surely be a bonus come negotiation time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brendan Mclements it is then I guess. He wins the competition after our first 32 choices either turned us down or were unavailable.
Take a happy pill dude.

There is no way Trigg exit happened unless Lethlean was already locked and loaded.

Time to run an actual process Ed.

I have no problem with them taking responsibility. I have an issue with people believing that Hawthorn do no wrong, and ignore the fact they have made a mistake as long as they fix it quickly.

Not to mention that it appears there may not be anyone else capable on their board to fill the role of President, even on a temporary basis.

I'm someone that's always looked on in respect of what Hawthorn have done, but of late I'm looking at them in the same light I considered us in 2014. I just didn't really feel a need to volunteer that information in a thread about our CEO...

FWIW Sydney are the benchmark off field for me since the likes of Fagan, Evans and the former president departed. The wheel turns quickly in this game and losing those three was akin to Walsh and MM going in the space of 18 months for us and Pert left to dictate the direction of the FD.

Last edited:
I just hope the people who complain about Eddie's autocratic decision making don't complain when we insist on going through a full process and Lethlean goes to Carlton. But this is the Collingwood Big Footy board, so I don't have that much confidence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back