#MaraforMum

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks H!

Fundraising is going great. Nearly at $2,000 thanks to friends, family, collegues and generous BF posters.

Training is going well too - did a PB half marathon on Saturday which was both surprising and pleasing (21.1kms, 1:42:20).

25kms planned for this Saturday, then 30km and 35km runs for the next two weekends after that.

Do you taper your running in the build up to it? Or you want to be pretty much running the distance in the lead up?

Do you taper your running in the build up to it? Or you want to be pretty much running the distance in the lead up?
My last long run will be the Grand Final public holiday Friday at this stage which will be 33-35km. Then I'll do a few shorter recovery runs and walks during the last two weeks before the actual run.

Was this a recommended training plan or is it one you've created to suit yourself?

It sounds like things are going to plan in both the training and the fundraising

Was this a recommended training plan or is it one you've created to suit yourself?

It sounds like things are going to plan in both the training and the fundraising
A bit of both. I have a mate who is doing his 4th marathon that is giving me advice etc

scezza how did you pull up after your 25km run?
Not too bad. A bit sore but to be expected. Still no injuries, thank God! I'll have a few smaller/lighter runs this week then I'll do 30kms this weekend. Hopefully I'll get through that ok then it's just one more long run before the mara!

How did you pull up after your 35km run scezza
It was 32km in the end - I spoke to a few people and they said not to go the 35kms. I struggled through the last few kms but that was mostly the heat and wind (it was that windy 29 degree Saturday prelim day). Did 25kms last Friday and felt fine. I'm reasonably confident but still shitting myself haha

It was 32km in the end - I spoke to a few people and they said not to go the 35kms. I struggled through the last few kms but that was mostly the heat and wind (it was that windy 29 degree Saturday prelim day). Did 25kms last Friday and felt fine. I'm reasonably confident but still shitting myself haha
Excellent

Not long now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great cause good work. I'll be supporting:thumbsu: My son was diagnosed with Leukaemia back in may and I can tell you first hand the Childrens hospital do an amazing job they do need support though.
Sorry to hear that Seb78

I can’t fathom what you and your family are going through.

My thoughts are with you

Thanks H. He's in remission now and his type of Leukaemia is 98% curable so prognosis is really good.
Fantastic news.

Thanks Harlequin! I feel ok. Pretty sore today and walking around like an 80 year old, so I’m glad I took the day off!

Thanks to everyone who donated to such a great cause that’s so close to my heart! You all helped get me across the line!

Thanks Harlequin! I feel ok. Pretty sore today and walking around like an 80 year old, so I’m glad I took the day off!

Thanks to everyone who donated to such a great cause that’s so close to my heart! You all helped get me across the line!
What time did you run?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back