The Charles Cameron Apology Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't think he will, I think he could be our go to half back next year

I think we should retire the #23 jumper. No one can live up to its greatness.
Is it a conscious decision to only allocate it to indigenous players since McLeod retired? If so that would limit the talent pool for finding someone who lived up to it.

Izak Rankine certainly does tick a few boxes though.

Remember the time in the second quarter he ran down the wing, had a speculative shot on goal from ~60m due to a lack of options, got it on target and Riley Knight ran 100-odd metres just to get in the way of it going through. Cameron really should have prevented that IMHO, a clear sign he didn't want to be there.
Cameron needed to return the favour to Tex from the 2015 EF vs the Bulldogs (IIRC) and square the ball to Walker who had peeled off from his man at the top of the 50 right in front...

Charlie not going anywhere according to AFL Shouter on twitter.

I think this is correct, but hopefully if there was an issue it has been worked out.

I saw an Eddie Betts interview (I think Channel 9) from Sunday at Adelaide Oval. Was asked if Charlie would be staying, said yes, was asked to guarantee Charlie was staying, and he did.

Cameron needed to return the favour to Tex from the 2015 EF vs the Bulldogs (IIRC) and square the ball to Walker who had peeled off from his man at the top of the 50 right in front...
Probably. It was definitely going through without the intervention of the desperate goalkeeper though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few months back I was confident Gov would re-sign, Lever would be true to his name & go, but was 50/50 on Cameron leaving.

All this time later, I'm still none the wiser on Cameron, as hearing very mixed messages both ways.

Have been told Charlie Cameron will not be asking for a trade this year. Club helped resolve minor off field issues

#THESHOUTER #AFLTrades

The AFL just reported that he has asked for a trade, it was on their official Instagram account.

Really happy he played a great finals. Covers the average year he had so hopefully we can get overs for him. I am not sorry he is leaving.
He played one outstanding final (Prelim), one awful final (Qualifying), and one anonymous final (Grand Final). I would hardly call that "a great finals series". One good game does not a "great series" make, no matter how good it is (and his PF final performance was amazing).

One good game does not make up for 4 months of unremitting garbage, which is what he churned out for the rest of the season, from R12 onwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back