Certified Legendary Thread Delusional Pearlers IV

Remove this Banner Ad

The tosser who rang SEN today wondering how we could fit the players nominating us in the salary cap whilst saying the work cover pay outs should be investigated and included in the salary cap.....

Points for who can guess what board this came from.

Haha I love posts like this, you just know that if they nominated their team they’d be talking Saad and Smith up as the second coming.

But instead they nominated us, so turns out Carlton dodged a bullet and they’re actually not that good.

The tosser who rang SEN today wondering how we could fit the players nominating us in the salary cap whilst saying the work cover pay outs should be investigated and included in the salary cap.....

I just heard this s**t again on SEN this morning. Some guy called Lee from Lilydale saying he had these suspicions two years ago, and what do you know, "first year back in the comp" and the Bombers are signing up three high quality players. How do they afford it? Because they're paying these other guys outside the cap and it should be investigated.

Did this guy not notice we're paying Hurley and Hooker 800k a year and that Watson and Stanton are retiring and that frees up cap space?

Last edited:
I just heard this s**t again on SEN this morning. Some guy called Lee from Lilydale saying he had these suspicions two years ago, and what do you know, "first year back in the comp" and the Bombers are signing up three high quality players. How do they afford it? Because they're paying these other guys outside the cap and it should be investigated.

Did this guy not notice we're paying Hurley and Hooker 800k a year and that Watson and Stanton are retiring and that frees up cap space?

Not to mention guys like Daniher and Merrett - who didn't receive payouts - signing on for well under their market value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone is a touch salty

"That is it I have had enough. Here is a little reality check for any and I mean any Essendon supporter who thinks they are a great club. You hark back to the 10s,20s 30s and 40s ect to talk about your premierships and why you "are" a great club. Just because the AFL decided on an arbitrary year when the VFL was formed to determine what premierships did and didn't count. There were previous iterations of this competition but because someone simply decided that date when the comp changed previous successes don't count. As a Geelong supporter should I not argue that because we won 7 flags in the 1880s in a previous version of this comp that we have won the most flags and it somehow makes us great.

It is not and should not be grounds for worrying about what sort of club you have. Congrats Essendon you were awesome before the WWII. I mean seriously get a grip.

If you are such a great club surely this Millenium and all of its 17 years should be enough time for your club do demonstrate this "greatness" and what have you done. F**K all!! You have made the finals probably less than half the time played in. More importantly you have made the top 4 of the competition once. That is not a misprint...ONCE. Great club!! You know the time frame when you couldn't just spend more money cause you were a bigger club and had to battle on an even playing field with drafts ect. GREAT CLUB!!

However, what you have done in fairness is drag the game we love through the darkest days of its history. With you disgraceful cheating, drug taking, lying and refusal to take responsibility for what you did. You "Great Club's" favourite son behaved so disgracefully that he was booed by neutral supporters when handing out a Norm-Smith Medal this year. Great Club!!

You are pathetic and you should remember what your club did to the game we love forever. Seriously pull your bloody heads in you micky mouse supporters of a cheating, disgraceful micky mouse club.

End of rant!"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back