List Mgmt. Gibbs - 2017 Trade Discussions! V2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2007
The Pub
AFL Club
Adelaide
Im just glad the Gibbs trade didn't come to fruition last year. Let's say the crows had a better day last satdee in the GF, Betts kicks 5, Jacobs dominates and hypothetically, Gibbs cuts richmond apart on the outside and wins the norm smith. This could've happened.....and honestly....still could. Crows are still firmly in the window. Gibbs would add a ton to your outside run. This can be a real win win for both clubs if the chests can be deflated a little. Crows are understandably grumpy at the moment so a deal might not happen.

You could have had SPP running around for you for the next 12-15 years, good mates with SPS to boot. Sure you might have had another bottom 4 finish... oh wait, you kept Gibbs and still finished bottom 4! We improved and made a GF, your club went backwards and is now struggling to attract players who were "sure bets" to pick your club.

My name geoff

Premiership Player
Jul 2, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
You should not count the win against Essendon.

Which makes you clearly the second worst in the AFL, and us sixth best. Seems about right.
Whichever way you want to look at it, you are closer to the second worst than you are top

Probably the same reason why half of my crow buddies want Dangerfield to do his knee every other game.

Well no poster on here has said that or rarely has.

The difference with Danger is that he screwed the Club over when he left. He was worth 2 1sts and he left us holding our dick in our hand which is where there is some anger from some. We got to the GF. Not to mention he didnt even live in Adelaide in his 1st year with us.

Carlton have all but lost Gibbs that opportunity to play finals footy as he was promised with his last contract. Carlton have failed on their end. Its selfish for Carlton suporters to not want the best for Gibbs. I for one was happy when Bernie Vince plays well and tbh even Cameron if and when he goes as well. There is a difference.

Feb 5, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
cranky crikeys
Well no poster on here has said that or rarely has.

The difference with Danger is that he screwed the Club over when he left. He was worth 2 1sts and he left us holding our dick in our hand which is where there is some anger from some. We got to the GF. Not to mention he didnt even live in Adelaide in his 1st year with us.

Carlton have all but lost Gibbs that opportunity to play finals footy as he was promised with his last contract. Carlton have failed on their end. Its selfish for Carlton suporters to not want the best for Gibbs. I for one was happy when Bernie Vince plays well and tbh even Cameron if and when he goes as well. There is a difference.

Mate the stuff I've heard in the outer directed at ex crows during games at AAMI and AO is bordering on criminal. Honestly makes me laugh. And yes, living in Adelaide I know many crows fans that wish nasty stuff on paddy. Crows Members, gold members etc etc. I don't think they actually mean it. But it comes out of their mouth nonetheless.

Roovolution

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 22, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Mate the stuff I've heard in the outer directed at ex crows during games at AAMI and AO is bordering on criminal. Honestly makes me laugh. And yes, living in Adelaide I know many crows fans that wish nasty stuff on paddy. Crows Members, gold members etc etc. I don't think they actually mean it. But it comes out of their mouth nonetheless.

Got any proof of that? It's like you've never been to the football before.....

AJB84

Team Captain
Aug 18, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Whichever way you want to look at it, you are closer to the second worst than you are top
Yes and Carlton is closer to Hawthorn than Adelaide therefore Carlton is basically Hawthorn is that how this works?

Pick some cherry picked crap that says what you want it to.

The only relevant statistic is finishing position.

JPetro83

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Adel United & Leeds United
ok... my first time back on big footy since pre GF.. I have just reactivated facebook as well. a week in hiding. still shattered and flat but that's the life of a crows fan. anyway there hasn't been much tweets/goss/talk about the Gibbs/Crows deal.. will it happen? it needs to happen! a year without smith makes it even more important to happen.

Oct 15, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
Adelaide
Lol, ever been to the MCG mate? Maybe head over every now and again and hear what comes out of your supporters mouths before during and after games.

Let's just say your pot is way blacker than our kettle.

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Back in your box, you drunk man.;)

Stop playing the drunk all the time. :drunk:

You do know *everyone* sees right through you right?

Nah, course you don’t ;)

Sloane has played less games than Gibbs so therefore will have recorded less wins, which was the point of discussion.:drunk:

Whoosh...

Sloane didn’t even become a regular in our team until 2010 which is not a tick in his favour

We then proceeded to miss finals 4 of his first 5 years in the side

That’s the point

Whoosh

You do know *everyone* sees right through you right?

Nah, course you don’t ;)

Whoosh...

Sloane didn’t even become a regular in our team until 2010 which is not a tick in his favour

We then proceeded to miss finals 4 of his first 5 years in the side

That’s the point

Whoosh

Literally the entire discussion has sailed over your head like a flying chicken:huh:. Go back to bed old man, you're still drunk.:D

88e681129c1aaa6f260d432e0badef22.jpg

Anyone thinking that Gibbs won't be a great get are kidding himself

Adds a different look and skill set to our midfield, good footy IQ, elite ball use and can hit the scoreboard
Agreed, so long as it's for reasonable trade value.

Captain Morgan

Club Legend
Feb 3, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Anyone thinking that Gibbs won't be a great get are kidding himself

Adds a different look and skill set to our midfield, good footy IQ, elite ball use and can hit the scoreboard
Want Motlop as well, our system will make him fit and he could be lethal on HBF or HFF

CrouchPowa

Senior List
Sep 10, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
I was competiting. You don't play at gymnastics, you DO it ;) I wasn't the only one, but I was the only one in that section. Still means I have an Australian title though!
You can only come first and last in sport.

You did gymnastics.

That's not a sport.

Just kidding :p my daughter is starting soon!

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
So you don't get to see hear what the Vic locals say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back