List Mgmt. 2017 Draft Needs...

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched darcy fogartys highlights against vic country! That stiff arm is very dusty like. I hope we land him what are the chances of him slipping to a lever pick say 10?

Anyone see the curtain raiser on Saturday ?

Updating my top 15 - feeling a bit more clear after last few weeks

Rayner
Stephenson
Hayes
Davies-Uniake
Dow
Cerra
Brander
Constable
Higgins
Coffield
H Clarke
D Fogarty
O'Brien
Bonar
Brayshaw

Hope so !!!!
Who do u like for our current pick 17?

Athletic, can take a big grab, accurate kick for goal generally, goes missing way, way too much and low production. Has a fair bit of X Factor especially with his aerial ability but whether that translates into an AFL player I'm not sure. Personally I'd pass. If we're to take a calculated risk with a X Factor type from SA Nathan Krueger would be my choice.
Thanks Bicks. I realize that combine testing is a small sample. Here is Krueger's goal kicking.

I like him bu am of the view he's a project/development player that would be unlikely to play much AFL for a year or two, I actually like him as a 3rd tall type playing a similar role to Leaver down back but with way more speed and running offence. Maybe even an Issac Smith type role wing/forward in time, certainly has a similar profile, who knows?
Yeah spot on here Bicks. I'm a big fan. Watched Ballard most weeks for SHC and he dominated pretty much every game down back and up forward. I know the standard of opposition wasn't always great in school footy but for mine, at that size with his running ability, he would be a guy I hope we consider in the later rounds. Saw a Swans scout watching him on a couple of occasions so clubs most certainly know he's there.

Athletic, can take a big grab, accurate kick for goal generally, goes missing way, way too much and low production. Has a fair bit of X Factor especially with his aerial ability but whether that translates into an AFL player I'm not sure. Personally I'd pass. If we're to take a calculated risk with a X Factor type from SA Nathan Krueger would be my choice.
I would take him. He could be that third tall, high marking forward that can then allow us to try Gov in the backline.

Just watched darcy fogartys highlights against vic country! That stiff arm is very dusty like. I hope we land him what are the chances of him slipping to a lever pick say 10?
From what I have heard while it might look like he has slipped big time due to injury and form this year, alot of clubs are still impressed by his u17 years performance.
There is a trend that some guys play really well as underagers and then fall back a bit as U18s. So what they did in their underage year counts.
I cannot see Darcy getting to our pick.

I'm listening to Mick Turner from the Geelong Falcons TAC Cup Team and I was absolutely staggered to hear him say that he has 60 people on staff!! Now they're not all full-time but that's still a massive investment that is (presumably) funded by the AFL and which (primarily) benefits the Melbourne-based AFL teams. How much, if any, AFL funding do SANFL teams receive to develop their juniors?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm listening to Mick Turner from the Geelong Falcons TAC Cup Team and I was absolutely staggered to hear him say that he has 60 people on staff!! Now they're not all full-time but that's still a massive investment that is (presumably) funded by the AFL and which (primarily) benefits the Melbourne-based AFL teams. How much, if any, AFL funding do SANFL teams receive to develop their juniors?

If the AFL have no intentions of funding to those levels, both Adelaide and Port Adelaide should be given SA as their acadamey so they can develop which will give them an incentive to invest , the same with WA and their teams

how many of those 60 are unpaid I wonder?

Can someone explain why some of the combine testing, like the agility and jump tests, is done on a hard surface? Wouldn't it make sense for all testing to occur on grass, which is where the players will actually play
Probably because it's consistent and not weather affected

I wouldn't read too much into the combine testing - it's mainly a way to gather players together to be interviewed by the clubs

Most of these players have done all this testing before and the club has the info

The game day testing is the most important test for recruiters

This is just a way to help AFL keep the game in the news

Is Bonar this years Oliver? (in terms of bolter rather than style)
More like Cockatoo

2 recos since his 16 yo year and now comes back plays 7 games , has massive impact from his 2nd game , plays well on GF day and is 190cm and equals record in vertical leap and runs 2.9 flat twice in 20m sprint

He's pretty impressive in a year there are only 3 or 4 special talents ( Rayner Stephenson Hayes)

Not many of the SA boys that tested did too much in some of the athletic testing...*SA boys *One of my local boys

Smartspeed 20-metre sprint

Jack Petruccelle 2.87 seconds
Kane Farrell 2.90
Aiden Bonar 2.90
Ben Miller 2.91
Nick Coffield 2.91
Ben Paton 2.95
Brent Daniels 2.95
Stefan Okunbar 2.95
Jaidyn Stephenson 2.95
Nicholas Shipley 2.97

Smartspeed agility test
Kane Farrell 8.10 seconds
Ben Miller 8.10
Brent Daniels 8.11
Trent Mynott 8.20
Nathan Kreuger 8.21 *
Aaron Naughton 8.22
Mitchell Podhajski 8.26
Oscar Allen 8.27
Stefan Okunbar 8.29
Matthew Ling 8.30
Callan England 8.30
Aiden Bonar 8.30
Andrew Brayshaw 8.30

Standing vertical jump
Aiden Bonar 89cm
Kyron Hayden 82cm
Ben Paton 80cm
Harrison Jones 79cm
Jordan Houlahan 77cm *
Jordan Johnston 75cm *
Jack Petruccelle 74cm
Noah Balta 74cm
Adam Sambono 73cm
Hayden McLean 73cm

Running vertical jump
Kyron Hayden 103cm
Kane Farrell 95cm
Jordan Houlahan 95cm*
Hayden McLean 92cm
Noah Balta 89cm
Harrison Jones 88cm
Oscar Allen 88cm
Tom McCartin 88cm
Matthew Day 87cm
Nathan Kreuger 87cm *

I don't suppose Jack Graham who held his own against Sloane and kicked three goals in the big dance did last year either

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back