2012 All-Australian side fails, plus more.

The 2012 All-Australian side is worse off because Jobe is still in it?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't really care, Jobe isn't a bad bloke either (different to people using the Lance Armstrong example, who was a total campaigner.) There is no need to kick him to death even after retirement.

Last edited:

Considering the bench was too midfield heavy anyway it probably shouldn't be a midfielder that comes in.
Kennedy, Swan, Pendlebury, and Deledio were on the bench, so one of them goes onto the field and another player comes on to the bench.

The remaining AA squad members that didn't make the team are;
Brent Reily,
Sam Jacobs,
Taylor Walker
Eddie Betts
Matthew Pavlich
Corey Enright
Harry Taylor
Joel Selwood
Tom Lonergan
Sam Mitchell
Andrew Swallow
Drew Petrie
Jack Reiwoldt
Ivan Maric
Nick Reiwoldt
Lenny Hayes
Kieran Jack
Lewis Jetta

I vote Pav.
Lewis Jetta's only good year, he was on fire

Like Lance Armstrong...

Internationally recognised as a cheat.

A nobody in the record books.
Summed it up!

Is most definitely a drug cheat because he has been internationally recognised as such by the world's governing body in the world's court (haha)

Besides the drug cheat period of his career, Watson has been bog average and only recognised solely for his surname.

His greatest achievements were synthetically produced and thus he's either going down as the face of Essendope with Hirdy and Dank or as a nobody.

Don't really care, Jobe isn't a bad bloke either (different to people using the Lance Armstrong example, who was a total campaigner. There is no need to kick him to death even after retirement.
Essendon fans brought Lance to the party.

Same goes for Gary Ablett Senior. Who actually killed a girl.
Heroin does not have anything to do with this thread. Gary Ablett Snr does not have anything to do with this thread.

This thread is about Jobe Watsons cheating resulting in him being stripped of an award.

Please provide something with relevence.

I feel that if he has been stripped of a brownlow then it is debatable that he even deserved to be AA.

I'd say he should be stripped as he was on performance enhancing supplaments during the season, even if he is a victim of circumstance he still benefitted from it with a career best season.

Your thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did Watson even win a final during his career? will be remembered as nothing more than an average player who was a drug cheat that delusional Essendon supporters thought was a "star"
I'm going to exit this conversation as I can't see it going anywhere.

If you ask the average Joe who won the 2012 Brownlow Medal, I guarantee more will say Watson than Cotchin/Mitchell.
Lol and when we are all long gone the history books will say that the winners were Cotchin and Mitchell. No one will even know who Jobe Watson is.

Search up "2012 Brownlow Medal."

Go to images.

What is the first picture you see?

And if you google it, what's the first entry say?
2012 Brownlow Medal - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Brownlow_Medal
The 2012 Brownlow Medal was the 85th year the award was presented to the player adjudged the fairest and best player during the Australian Football League ...
Winners‎: ‎Trent Cotchin‎ (‎Richmond‎); ‎Sam Mitc...
Location‎: ‎Crown Palladium
Date‎: ‎24 September

Back