Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It shouldn't be any business of the 'state' to be able to dictate our moral and cultural values, whichever side of the fence you sit on. It can only have laws to prevent us from actually harming the livelihood of others. That's why SSM is not as clear cut as some may think.

It's job is to ensure that everyone in society has equal rights, particularly legal rights. Currently they don't.

From that perspective SSM is about as clear cut as can be.

Laws ARE the state's domain, though, and are in effect an approximation of the morals and values of the community. If the whole survey thing is valid at all, so are both answers.

I dunno why football clubs, or the AFL, need to say anything about it GIVEN the government thinks both positions are valid enough to have a national survey. I think CFC shouldn't have said a thing about it, really.

* Coming from a lefty, yes voter, btw.

Craig would have been on more than $250K. Bolts would be at the lower end of the coaches pay scale.
Doesn't matter, and Teague and Bruce are not senior enough to warrant what would be close to double the average assistant wage (which is probably about $150k)

Development coaches would be lucky to be earning triple figures.

EDIT: having done a little more reading, $200k might be a more appropriate figure for the average AFL assistant coach.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter, and Teague and Bruce are not senior enough to warrant what would be close to double the average assistant wage (which is probably about $150k)

Development coaches would be lucky to be earning triple figures.

EDIT: having done a little more reading, $200k might be a more appropriate figure for the average AFL assistant coach.
Had a few of them over the journey.

Two weeks ago I met Jimmy Buckley & Alex Jesaulenko in the airport.

Gotta say both guys were awesome blokes who were happy to chat for a good 10 minutes.

Jimmy was fairly well on his way but both guys made the effort to speak to my wife & boys & were just really genuine people.

Sorry I wasn't able to get any scoops on Dylan other than what we all know & that is it will be very unlikely he will be at the Blues next year.

Watching some 90s games on fox footy and far out, how good was Ang Christou pre injury! One player who would easily slot into a modern day team without changing his game at all.

Height, speed, weapon kick.. what might have been if he and Kouta were able to play their careers relatively injury free.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching some 90s games on fox footy and far out, how good was Ang Christou pre injury! One player who would easily slot into a modern day team without changing his game at all.

Height, speed, weapon kick.. what might have been if he and Kouta were able to play their careers relatively injury free.

Yep, gun. Kouta never got the dues he deserved in AFL. He was the prototype for current day player. But he and Ang know they are still Gods at Princes Park!!

That was a long time ago now. The memories of Blues being a powerhouse are fading. There is so much riding on this rebuild by SOS and Bolton. We literally cannot screw this up. Unfortunately unlike most of us on BF, Blues are chock full of bandwagoners. They need success to come back to toe fold.

To be fair to all Blues fans out there, it's been a tough tough decade or two to try to stay interested. Yes, the bandwagon will load up when we're good again - but so does everyone else's. Agree AB_Blue, every other idiot out there for the past five years has decided it's time to reveal they've always loved the Hawks or Tigers after being quiet for a while. Don't think that the Blues won't have a MASSIVE army of navy blue packing the G when we're next hosting a prelim there.

Yep, gun. Kouta never got the dues he deserved in AFL. He was the prototype for current day player. But he and Ang know they are still Gods at Princes Park!!

I got to watch Kouta in his later years, after his PCL injury, where he struggled to get back to his previous level so I never gained an appreciation for the player he was.

I did however purchase a DVD commemorating our last premiership and watched the 1995 GF and was astounded by how good he was.

He would absolutely thrive if he played during this current period, it's literally built for him.

I got to watch Kouta in his later years, after his PCL injury, where he struggled to get back to his previous level so I never gained an appreciation for the player he was.

I did however purchase a DVD commemorating our last premiership and watched the 1995 GF and was astounded by how good he was.

He would absolutely thrive if he played during this current period, it's literally built for him.
I suggest you find games from 2000/2001 to appreciate how his game exploded into the stratosphere.

It's job is to ensure that everyone in society has equal rights, particularly legal rights. Currently they don't.

From that perspective SSM is about as clear cut as can be.

Does this extend to incestuous marriage, minors, zoophilia etc? Or are there certain boundaries set to maintain cultural standards?

Does this extend to incestuous marriage, minors, zoophilia etc? Or are there certain boundaries set to maintain cultural standards?
Obviously not, are you really just s**t stirring for the sake of it?

Incest can lead to congenital problems with offspring.
Minors lack the ability to make such decisions for themselves and understand the consequences of such decisions and are open to exploitation.
The last one not even going to bother.

Why would you compare them to non-related consenting adult humans?

Of course there are boundaries. Reckon you can find them pretty easily without resorting to ridiculous extremes.

Or are there certain boundaries set to maintain cultural standards?

Abso-*******-lutely there are. And guess what...that culture is a changing.

Get on board knackers. You may even like where you end up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back