2017 Draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I tend to think draft picks are over rated and more so in this draft which I think is fairly even in the top 10 considering past drafts. I just can't see how pick 1 will be better than two top 8 prospects in this draft. :footy:
The best mids will be gone by pick 7.

Rayner best player in draft and am 90% confident we will keep that pick and if so am 100% certain his name will be called.
He's not exactly what we need... wouldn't put a percentage on it, but I don't think we'd take him in the top 3... maybe after that, if our pick slides and he slides. But your confidence is impressive.

Rayner i think we will seriously look at, but i'm just not sure he is the exact type we need. The questions over his ability to play midfield might stop us. We have pick 1, we want and need a genuine top talent elite midfielder. Not a HF or HB that might transition into midfield. I still think LDU is probably top for us atm, but Brayshaw might be a smokey.

When someone talks about 1 for 7/8 I think about Dees trading 2 (Kelly) for Tyson and 9 and then think no way.
Totally with you on this, feels huge risk to pass up player with maybe even more talent (at the same age) of a Dusty Martin, look at what he has become. Sure he'll take a couple of years to build up a genuine tank to be a full time mid, but it will be worth it. I reckon another reason Hodge is on board is to take Rayner under his wing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Totally with you on this, feels huge risk to pass up player with maybe even more talent (at the same age) of a Dusty Martin, look at what he has become. Sure he'll take a couple of years to build up a genuine tank to be a full time mid, but it will be worth it. I reckon another reason Hodge is on board is to take Rayner under his wing.
Rayner isnt doin any of the testing at the combine due to some knee problems, but I heard he is actually doing the 2k time trial tomorrow, so it will be interesting to see how he goes in that.
Seems a strange call if he has a dodgy knee though.

I know we need genuine mid right now to replace rocky but we won't pick based on need right now, I believe we'd pick based on what a player would be like in 2-3 years time. Usually recruiters draft with that in mind. My guess is an alternative plan is in play to replace rocky in the midfield.

Rayner i think we will seriously look at, but i'm just not sure he is the exact type we need. The questions over his ability to play midfield might stop us. We have pick 1, we want and need a genuine top talent elite midfielder. Not a HF or HB that might transition into midfield. I still think LDU is probably top for us atm, but Brayshaw might be a smokey.
How high do you think Brayshaw might go? Do you think he'll be around at 12 if we keep that pick?

I just want to see A.Bonar. He's got some size to him but isn't slow at all, in fact he is one of the most athletic to test so far; a powerful unit. Have heard he was arguably top 10 coming into this season so will have to find some tapes of him. There's being an athlete and there's being a footballer.

I know we need genuine mid right now to replace rocky but we won't pick based on need right now, I believe we'd pick based on what a player would be like in 2-3 years time. Usually recruiters draft with that in mind. My guess is an alternative plan is in play to replace rocky in the midfield.
Robbo and Rich....auto replacements except with penetration.

Anyone up for a supplements program?
images

Rayner best player in draft and am 90% confident we will keep that pick and if so am 100% certain his name will be called.

I'd be absolutely shocked if we took rayner from what I've heard from a few places. Nothing club level official though so you never know I guess

I'd be absolutely shocked if we took rayner from what I've heard from a few places. Nothing club level official though so you never know I guess
Yep I've said it before from kinda club circles that have been right about a few things before. We aren't interested. Character > ability. Our culture rocks at the moment the club won't be drafting anyone that is even slightly questionable on that front.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back