Player Watch Ben Sinclair (Retired 2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

What sparked it is another sportsmen dying after being concussed 10 times in his career.

After he was knocked out for the 10th time he was rushed to hospital and never woke up. Tim Hague, Boxer/MMA
Why not start a new thread rather than bumping a 6 month old thread about a player who hasn't been concussed since last year?

Because then people would complain why the Ben Sinclair thread wasn't used for a thread about Ben Sinclair ?
So you bumped a thread about Sinclair to talk about concussion that he doesn't have and hasn't had since last year because some MMA fighter got the s**t beaten out of him 1 too many times and died?

Just checking I've got everything right here.

So you bumped a thread about Sinclair to talk about concussion that he doesn't have and hasn't had since last year because some MMA fighter got the s**t beaten out of him 1 too many times and died?

Just checking I've got everything right here.

Are you aware there is serious concerns about Sinclair's long term health due to multiple concussions? Did you hear about that? Or is that finished now because he hasn't had one on the side lines?

Are you aware there is serious concerns about Sinclair's long term health due to multiple concussions? Did you hear about that? Or is that finished now because he hasn't had one on the side lines?
Maybe every single player who's ever had more than one concussion in their life should just retire.

This thread bump is stupid.

Report it to the mods then
No need.
Th thread is about Ben Sinclair.
The OP was about his form at the time.
Don't think we need a new thread every time we want to discuss different aspects of a particular player.

PS: I changed it to a player watch, maybe that will be more palatable.

I think Kappa is copping a bit of unfair criticism here.
We have a player who has had concussion issues, a sportsman recently died from concussion issues and he has just bumped this thread to have a discussion about this topic.
I totally get it. Surprised by the response he is getting. It's just an invitation to discuss a topic as far as I can see.

He was looking fantastic, line breaking speed and cleaned up his disposal, he was even marking strongly against taller opposition. He's exactly what we need so fingers crossed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This blokes reputation grows every game he misses.

Don't get me wrong his effort is amazing and gives his all. I'm sure he puts in 100% so I won't knock him for that.

But so many people believe he is the answer but honestly with his injury history and IMO just not that talented its sooner or later time to cut our losses

This blokes reputation grows every game he misses.

Don't get me wrong his effort is amazing and gives his all. I'm sure he puts in 100% so I won't knock him for that.

But so many people believe he is the answer but honestly with his injury history and IMO just not that talented its sooner or later time to cut our losses

I think he was becoming a solid line breaking small defender in a D.Wojinski mould.

Adds some needed pace that we lack in the back half.

Not every player has to be a superstar, just perform their role to a good level which he was pre injury.

I would keep him on relatively low money if medical staff are REASONABLY confident his hammies and head are still up to it. The cost would be small but potential upside if he stays on the park could be significant.

He has something we are severely lacking. We shouldnt throw that away lightly.

I can't believe they persevere with him. I mean i like and rate him as a player, but between his repeated hammies and his repeated concussions... he's a mid season retirement waiting to happen.

Worse than that, he's concussions may well have a culmative affect later in life. Time to retire.
We persevere because if Sinclair doesn't play then Smith does.

Will get a new contract, can make a real difference if he can get fit. Could either solve our small defender or quick small forward problem.

Rookie list is a possibility if health concerns are not behind him.

Will get a new contract, can make a real difference if he can get fit. Could either solve our small defender or quick small forward problem.

Rookie list is a possibility if health concerns are not behind him.

Given we havent heard anything to the contrary at this late stage its fair to assume he will stay senior listed. And good luck to him, hes had a rough trot.

Not sure about rookie listing though. Perhaps Sier is a better option should we choose to go down that path.

So far on the rookie list we have promoted two players (Cox and Thomas) and we will retain Schade McCarthy Lynch and Kirby. Mackie might not survive. We could just as easily replace those three positions in the draft rather than top up with demoted players from the senior list

Remove this Banner Ad

Back