Opinion 2017 Draft Discussion - Pick 3 - Poll added

Who we are likely to take at Pick 3 .......

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Media now reporting Rayner happy to play in Queensland. Is the flip due to Carlton giving the message they wouldn’t take him at 3?? Who wouldn’t say anything to avoid Norf

The Smoking Gun, just realised that Roughsedge doesn't seem to be listed as an invitee for the state or national combines. Did he get a late invite?

cc Arr0w

Any chance we can get rayners Yoyo test result???
Didn't run.

Is there any footage from this years u18 All-stars game available yet?
No.

Stephenson wearing 43, and a Big agile frame - White 1 year Contract - Omen?
AFAIK, White's uncontracted.

Media now reporting Rayner happy to play in Queensland. Is the flip due to Carlton giving the message they wouldn’t take him at 3?? Who wouldn’t say anything to avoid Norf
Who was reporting that he wanted to stay in Victoria??

That'd be the back and the calf, sadly. :p

Where do you think he is now? Sounds like he really might wind up in the top 10. Even if we got 7 & 8 off the Saints, the odds of us securing him and Fogarty would be slim.
SOS won't part with Pick3 Jimmae you know that....and rightly so. We desperately need a couple quality inside mids with a bit of size about them and we're lucky there'll be a couple of ripsnorters to choose from. While I still prefer Cerra, I'm just as comfortable adding LDU or Dow to Cripps & Kennedy.

By his own admission in the interview that you posted, Fogarty is a forward who would eventually like to spend some time in the midfield when he eventually increases his endurance. The problem is that everyone keeps viewing him as the next Patrick Cripps rather than viewing him for exactly what he is, the 1st Darcy Fogarty. We need some genuine mids Jimmae, not wannabes.

Bonar has really given you a boner hasn't he??? Where does he go...... During the finals your average garden snail could've quite comfortably run rings around him.... Played a couple games where he had a genuine influence.... Dual knee reco.... Tests well at combine.... Interviews??? Shallow draft.... I can see why some clubs wouldn't touch him with a 40 foot barge pole, while the Swans take him with their first and he wins the Rising Star. Last week I couldn't have got my Great Grandmother to take him with a 4th Round Rookie selection, but this week..... I don't see him as a Top 10 selection Jimmae. Injury-wise he's a bigger than average risk and he's missed a lot of footy. I'll go out on a limb and say somewhere in the 2nd Round. Even if we traded Gibbs and got Pick 10, I'd still go for Brayshaw ahead of Bonar, but that's just me. Would love to see both Bonar & Roughsedge drafted somewhere though. Real troopers to get back from where they've been.

With all the players not selecting Carlton . I know for a fact that Adam cerra if he was selected by us would be over the moon. He's first choice club is Carlton. After all of his 12 interviews, Carlton is his preferred. Even know he grew up a mad Richmond man . Source john cerra he's dad, I work with him
Poor Bastard.....Obviously been reading far too many of my posts.

IMO if LDU or Rayner aint going to be available at 3 i recon we trade 3 and 38 to saints for 7 and 8 and take 2 of Constable, Higgins, Fogarty, Brayshaw or Coffield as i dont rate dow or cerra as any better than those 5 boys
Oi!!! Shut up!!! You're not helping.....:p

Unfortunately, he's a 6'1" winger by the looks of it. :p
Now, now. Behave. Not sure I remember anyone saying Mr Hayden was worth anymore than a mid 3rd Round Pick anywhere on this board. Reckon the boys spruiking his talents have been pretty realistic about where they see him going from day dot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Smoking Gun, just realised that Roughsedge doesn't seem to be listed as an invitee for the state or national combines. Did he get a late invite?

cc Arr0w

This whole overage scenario. Happy he goes under the radar, if SOS is keen

If he is not selected, will make many recruiters look very silly in years to come

My man Patmore in the goal kicking test. :thumbsu:

Hoping he got 25 or higher in the field kicking testing as well.

The vids you posted of him showed him missing like 117% of his targets by foot.

BUT most of them looked he was trying to do too much, choosing overly ambitious options.

If he tests well at the combine, it kinda confirms its decision making rather than a skill issue.

Then it becomes a question of whether he can be coached to make the right decisions on the field or whether he is a 'panicker'.

I see an Arr0w long-shot in Ben Miller testing very well. Bloody quick and agile for someone who is 196cm & nearly 100kgs. Can kick too. Good catch from a very long way out mate. You mentioned him to me months ago. :thumbsu: How did he finish off the season in the west???

I noticed that, 4th in the 20m sprint and equal 1st in the agility test for a big bloke is pretty awesome

Arr0w am I right that he is a 196cm ruckman?? If so do you think he can play that role at that height at AFL level or would he have to transition to a KPP??

SOS won't part with Pick3 Jimmae you know that....and rightly so. We desperately need a couple quality inside mids with a bit of size about them and we're lucky there'll be a couple of ripsnorters to choose from. While I still prefer Cerra, I'm just as comfortable adding LDU or Dow to Cripps & Kennedy.
That's what I'm saying: if we can turn 3 and out future 2nd into 7 and 8 (i.e. LDU off the board and Saints have a favourite), there's a better opportunity to boost the midfield.

By his own admission in the interview that you posted, Fogarty is a forward who would eventually like to spend some time in the midfield when he eventually increases his endurance. The problem is that everyone keeps viewing him as the next Patrick Cripps rather than viewing him for exactly what he is, the 1st Darcy Fogarty. We need some genuine mids Jimmae, not wannabes.
I think he's an explosive player who takes the game on, and unlike Rayner, he really doesn't need to grind out much more of a tank to play midfield just through his sheer size and sidestep.

While he spends 18 months doing that, he can rotate with Cripps, Charlie and SOS. They'll need some zip around them of course, but I think Fogarty will be a better version of Wines if he can build that tank up significantly.

Bonar has really given you a boner hasn't he??? Where does he go...... During the finals your average garden snail could've quite comfortably run rings around him.... Played a couple games where he had a genuine influence.... Dual knee reco.... Tests well at combine.... Interviews??? Shallow draft.... I can see why some clubs wouldn't touch him with a 40 foot barge pole, while the Swans take him with their first and he wins the Rising Star. Last week I couldn't have got my Great Grandmother to take him with a 4th Round Rookie selection, but this week..... I don't see him as a Top 10 selection Jimmae. Injury-wise he's a bigger than average risk and he's missed a lot of footy. I'll go out on a limb and say somewhere in the 2nd Round. Even if we traded Gibbs and got Pick 10, I'd still go for Brayshaw ahead of Bonar, but that's just me. Would love to see both Bonar & Roughsedge drafted somewhere though. Real troopers to get back from where they've been.
Hey look, if he's going to be available in the 14-25 range, I'm stoked because that's a far more achievable trade, but I keep looking at the Saints, West Coast, Sydney, Richmond and Adelaide and they could all use him.

If the medical is sound (and going by the testing it has to be, it's just down to him getting strength back in his legs and around his knees and ankles), then there's limit devaluing because his footy IQ is solid and work rate is up there. With respect to his 'double' reco, it was the first reco being fixed due to surgical error, which is a big difference.

Someone was saying the other day that the Caulfield Grammar footy staff (or possibly the Dandenong team) got more enquiries about Bonar than any other player. They've all been trying to get him cheap, which means someone is going to pounce in the first round. Bishop's got him not making it to #12 as of this morning.

FWIW, I don't think Brayshaw would be there at pick 10.

View attachment 425041

Compilation of the results I could find, only missing the 2 km time trial. Some impressive results there.
There's some more results on Twitter if you want to chase them down. :thumbsu:

The vids you posted of him showed him missing like 117% of his targets by foot.

BUT most of them looked he was trying to do too much, choosing overly ambitious options.

If he tests well at the combine, it kinda confirms its decision making rather than a skill issue.

Then it becomes a question of whether he can be coached to make the right decisions on the field or whether he is a 'panicker'.
I just think he's a bit thin in the lower legs after the weight loss and makes a few risky decisions off-balance. Takes the game on to an extreme level.

Heaps to work with IMO.

My concern with LDU is speed, it's the one thing we lack in the midfield and I am not sold that Fisher can play there.

For the draft experts who would be quicker out of Cerra and Dow, Cerra sounds like a flashy name and flash=quick so I naturally assume he is quicker.

Back