Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread XII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can't control many things in life that we get emotionally involved in. But what is life at the end of the day? We are born, we live and have different experiences and eventually we all die. What you or I find important can be different. A person can think their pet dog is the most important thing in their life. To another it is just an animal and why would you get emotional over an animal?

I understand what you are saying though!

My take on life as well. No point getting stressed about the things you can not control. Everyone is different and everyone sees things in a different way.
As much as I want to see us win flags and be at the top end most weeks I am happy to just go to the game, experience the ride and hope we can have a win.

I remember asking my lat step dad who supported Fitzroy why he supported a merger with North over the Brisbane move that would see them remain the Lions. He simply said I want to see my team play each week. Going to the game every week was what was most important to him and he had been to 90% of the Fitzroy games from 1950 to 1995 when the merged. He did not go to the AFL after that. He was never fussed about winning flags , he just wanted to see his team live each weekend.

I have seen us win 4 flags live so I am luckier than most so it is not the driving force behind my support.

Mattner, Bock, Skipworth.
Lever, Davis, Henderson.
Stenglein, Dangerfield, Kerridge.
Vardy, Tippett, Cameron. (?)
Gunston, Welsh, Knights.
Maric, Lyons, Vince.

Griffin, Hudson, Wright, McKernan.

In the last 15 years they've literally lost or given away an entire team's worth of footballers. What the hell is going on over there?

Made some tweaks to this, added some names and expanded the number of years.

They also haven't had a homegrown ruckman retire with them since David Pittman in 1999.

Collingwood logo has been updated on the club website buttons on the afl website;
View attachment 425176

Doesn't look too s**t hot that small. :/ Reminds me of a herd of zebras with the lines creating an optical illusion.
Looks like a mole that needs to be checked out at the clinic

I'm in Adelaide's corner. * Lever.

Don't nominate 1 of 9 potential clubs when 'going home'. The word is getting around that this all started when Adelaide 'low-balled' an opening offer for a contact extension.

That Danny Frawley says Lever is the best spolier he has seen gives me great confidence in my view that Lever is chronically overrated anyway.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seven years ago Collingwood couldn't wait telling everyone how they were the biggest and best club in the land.

Now they create fake mark of the year awards for their own scorned players.

Glorious.

This is really poor behaviour from the Collingwood football club. The principle of accepting a decision with good grace is a cornerstone of all that is good about competitive sport. McGuire, McAlister and John Wren (all those years ago) have all left their mark on the Carringbush and it's nothing to be proud about.
Imagine the outrage if EFC presented Jobe with the real 2012 Brownlow!

It's true

Ohhh mmmmyyy gggoooooddddd crrriiiinnnngggeeeeeeee

5aa5d6321cf7e5c16bef7f4ae6644980--super-funny-so-funny.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back