Certified Legendary Thread Q: Why did Freeman Leave St Kilda? (A: He was delisted)

Should the thread be closed

• Yes

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • No

Votes: 33 70.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a dream last night that one of our players got a 3 week suspension to be served one qtr a game for the following 12 games.
My sub conscious must be on drugs.
Was he a GWS player.

Could see the AFL design such rules, to benefit them

Still very very happy :)

IMG_1544.JPG

Elite trainer

Elite focus

Elite dedication

Elite determination.

Elite

IMG_1541.JPG

Deserves all the recognition

And I love her (no not in that way, in a sports way)

IMG_1542.JPG

Rural Victoria, and Australia, is as dry as a f*cking bone.
Is it? Because last time I drove through south gippsland and western Vic (a week ago) everything was drenched. But I’ll take your word for it, my eyes must be bad.

Is it? Because last time I drove through south gippsland and western Vic (a week ago) everything was drenched. But I’ll take your word for it, my eyes must be bad.

I was in Elmore on Wednesday for the National Field Days event where they sell pumps for irrigation. Farmers are irrigating early because it's been so dry.

Takes more than a day or two of rain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was in Elmore on Wednesday for the National Field Days event where they sell pumps for irrigation. Farmers are irrigating early because it's been so dry.

Ok. That doesn’t mean the entire state is dry. My cousins farm in Leongatha was under water a few weeks ago.

Its very dry , need decent rain soon to finish off crops. the windy weather doesn't help either.

Weather map shows western Vic with higher than average rainfall. Central drier than average. Gippsland average. From the start of winter. Second one very dry but still a couple of months old and there’s been quite a bit of rain in the south and west this spring so far. Not arguing it’s been dryer than normal particularly for central Vic, just don’t like the broad generalization of everywhere being dry, because it’s not.

You are quoting an article from 30th June.
The NW and the Far East of the state have been dry. Not a lot of tropical-born moisture feeds from NW Australia drifting down this year.
Same for ECLs (East Coast lows) which is the main source of rainfall for east gippsland.

In contrast, plenty of traditional winter fronts post June 30 consequently
'on and south of the ranges has been above average.
Last 3 months
http://www.bom.gov.au/jsp/awap/rain...t&step=0&map=anomaly&period=3month&area=seaus
Last 1 month
Bloody wet in Leongatha :)
http://www.bom.gov.au/jsp/awap/rain...st&step=0&map=anomaly&period=month&area=seaus

Oh yeah, trades....

Last edited:
Weather map shows western Vic with higher than average rainfall. Central drier than average. Gippsland average. From the start of winter. Second one very dry but still a couple of months old and there’s been quite a bit of rain in the south and west this spring so far. Not arguing it’s been dryer than normal particularly for central Vic, just don’t like the broad generalization of everywhere being dry, because it’s not.

Ah no, it doesn't. It shows 80% of it being below average and only the south-west as being on par. The same goes with the rest of Australia, except for a pocket in the NT. So again, that's dry.

8863010-3x2-700x467.gif

Ah no, it doesn't. It shows 80% of it being below average and only the south-west as being on par. The same goes with the rest of Australia, except for a pocket in the NT. So again, that's dry.

8863010-3x2-700x467.gif
You're showing the second one, I was referring to the first map. It’s already been established by The Plowking that these are both older maps though, and don’t reflect how wet it’s recently been in the west and south east of the state.

Not really much else to say.

You're showing the second one, I was referring to the first map. It’s already been established by The Plowking that these are both older maps though, and don’t reflect how wet it’s recently been in the west and south east of the state.

Not really much else to say.

The first article was written at start of winter predicting a dry winter. The second article was written Sep 1 2017 at the close of winter and confirmed the predictions of the first. The map has the time period on it 1 Jun to 31 August 2017, i.e. winter 2017. Have another look.

8863010-3x2-700x467.gif

Other excerpts from the article:

"The 2017 winter was the hottest since 1910 when national records began, according to Bureau of Meteorology figures released today.

The average maximum daily temperature recorded across all Australian recording locations for June, July and August 2017 was 23.7C.

That is a whopping 1.9C degrees above the baseline 1961 to 1990 average of 21.8C and smashes the previous record of 23.4C set in 2009."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-01/australia-winter-2017-was-hot-dry-and-a-record/8862856

Last edited:
The first article was written at start of winter predicting a dry winter. The second article was written Sep 1 2017 at the close of winter and confirmed the predictions of the first. The map has the time period on it 1 Jun to 31 August 2017, i.e. winter 2017. Have another look.

8863010-3x2-700x467.gif

Other excerpts from the article:

"The 2017 winter was the hottest since 1910 when national records began, according to Bureau of Meteorology figures released today.

The average maximum daily temperature recorded across all Australian recording locations for June, July and August 2017 was 23.7C.

That is a whopping 1.9C degrees above the baseline 1961 to 1990 average of 21.8C and smashes the previous record of 23.4C set in 2009."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-01/australia-winter-2017-was-hot-dry-and-a-record/8862856
I am aware of this. I read the articles. As I said, they’re not the most recent weather maps and they don’t reflect how wet it’s been in the west and south east this spring. Up to date rain fall charts have been provided for this. Not sure why you’re arguing about this.

It’s been dry. But it’s not dry everywhere. End of story.

I am aware of this. I read the articles. As I said, they’re not the most recent weather maps and they don’t reflect how wet it’s been in the west and south east this spring. Up to date rain fall charts have been provided for this. Not sure why you’re arguing about this.

It’s been dry. But it’s not dry everywhere. End of story.

It's dry everywhere. Drier than it usually is in each area of the nation, which is how you measure it. What's the average rainfall for Bendigo this year compared to it's average, how is Horsham this year compared to its average - not how is Horsham compared to Bendigo this year. Of course some areas will be wetter than others at all times, just like my bathroom is wetter than other parts of my house.

In my work I work with people who sell off-highway engines to farmers for irrigation as well as RFS, CFA etc. on CAF systems which spray fire *ant foam onto bush fires. Everyone knows it's been a very dry winter.

Winter is the period you want heaviest rainfalls. Instead you kick the top of the soil and you'll find it's dry half an inch down.

Back