Game Day 2017 National Draft

The OP for our new picks must be accurate and informative. Who should do it?

• Anyone

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Wait for TD

Votes: 71 64.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Bonar is very exciting, but pick #6 is way too early, considering:

1. It's our first, first round selection in 3 years
2. We don't have a second round pick
3. He has had a history of injuries

I suspect he will be taken by a Club such as Brisbane that has a handful of picks in the top 20 (1, 12, 18 + Rockliff Comp)

They have less risk than us, so can take a leap of faith on a kid that has undoubted huge upside.

Watch these two highlight reels, and tell me who you think has more composure, better decision making, better execution of skills...

Balta:

Brander:

Watch these two highlight reels, and tell me who you think has more composure, better decision making, better execution of skills...

Balta:

Brander:

Balta's kicking is exceptional in that video. It's (dare I say it) Buckleyesque!

Balta's kicking is exceptional in that video. It's (dare I say it) Buckleyesque!
He has an enormous boot on him that’s for sure. I get moist every time I see that last play where he takes a run and the roosts it 60+ meters to the advantage of Hayes.

I don’t see this at all. McLarty was regarded as a reach last year looking at the draft boards. Sier the year before that. DeGoey was regarded as 10-15 up until a couple of weeks before the draft when it was rumored that we were in to him at 5 (and Geelong were at 10). We were reportedly locked in to taking Bontempelli before the Dogs beat us to the punch. If anything, we reach for players just as, or more often than others.

I guess that's true. It's more our "reaches" haven't become superstars. Just want a Bont out of the blue (Pendles type taken early and proven genius).

Balta:

Brander:

Their kicking is chalk and cheese in those videos. Balta is a beautiful raking kick and Brander looks like an Auskicker once he looks to kick it.

That's just off these videos though. I don't pretend to have any detailed knowledge of their skills.

Balta:

Brander:

Interesting Brander's highlights video just happens to be when he's playing on Balta, (unless my eyes are deceiving me).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting Brander's highlights video just happens to be when he's playing on Balta, (unless my eyes are deceiving me).
I found it more interesting that Balta was playing on Lukosious in his video, and going by the results (Lukosious only kicked 1 goal) managed to keep him very quiet.

That’s a pretty fair effort given the wraps on Lukosious, who many believe would be number 1 this year by a fair margin if he were draft eligible

I found it more interesting that Balta was playing on Lukosious in his video, and going by the results (Lukosious only kicked 1 goal) managed to keep him very quiet.

That’s a pretty fair effort given the wraps on Lukosious, who many believe would be number 1 this year by a fair margin if he were draft eligible
Where Brander got a bath by Lukosius.

Yeah let's not get too carried away by highlights now :D After all, they are highlights for a reason haha.
It’s pretty hard not to be underwhelmed by Branders ‘highlights’ package though.

It’s pretty hard not to be underwhelmed by Branders ‘highlights’ package though.

Agreed. As I've said before, Brander is one of those players that will be good in a good team, but without silver service delivery, he has shown to be ineffective. I think he will end up mid-late R1 by draft night. Might end up being developed as a KPD.

Balta:

Brander:

Both looked good to me but going purely off highlights Balta is the one that impressed me more.
I am happy it seems like a quite trade period for us. I really think we need to hit the draft a bit harder over the next two or three years.

Balta:

Brander:

Of the two highlights vids you would have to go balta, the kids looks like he could replace Reid in time or partner Darcy up forward

Still rather Coffield.

Yeah Coffield looks likely too, as does Jaidyn Stephenson, although he isn't KPP.

I actually think the top end talent in this draft runs very pretty deep. Future guns all the way through the top 15

Back