The Crows Show - Nikki Visser

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find this thread upsetting with some of the posts that have been made. I know that wasn't your intention Scorpus but it is the consequence of tagging me in here.

As someone who had a really creepy and upsetting encounter with a guy just this past weekend in Melbourne, who obviously thought he was just paying me a "compliment", it's not a compliment to be treated as an object. It's scary. And this thread is bringing that and many other encounters I've had to deal with back, so thanks for making me feel s**t.

A whole lot of you likely going to get defensive at me. I don't care. Have a look at the cluelessness of these guys in the Netherlands who are proud of their catcalling - https://www.instagram.com/dearcatcallers/

So what happened in Melbourne ? or shouldn't I ask ?

I have seen on this board since I joined back in 2013, female posters posting Crows players just in shorts and swooning over them. No complaints, but I find it very hypocritical.

It's not just female posters.

6e639d65eb228ba8103f6112be5104a7

Still the best guns to play for the Crows

It's not just female posters.

6e639d65eb228ba8103f6112be5104a7

Still the best guns to play for the Crows

Look as I said I have no problems with these photos whatsoever. I have seen "some" female posters swoon over the players in these photos which is totally fine by me. I just find it hypocritical when the same posters than complain about threads like these.

I havent read every comment in here, but I dont think any post has been distasteful.

I just find it hypocritical when the same posters than complain about threads like these.

It's probably because women are routinely objectified in daily life whereas men are not, so the issues don't have the same level of importance

I'm certainly not for the objectification of women, but surely if someone makes a living as a 'Model' they can hardly complain when men swoon over images of them.

I'm not sure if any offending posts have been deleted, but I'm not sure reminiscing over teenage crushes is a hanging offence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back when she was modelling she definitely didn't seem to have any problem with being noticed/recognised in public.

Around 1995-96 I was in the Mall on a Friday night with a mate and we walked past her. My mate stupidly said really loudly "s**t !!! I think that was Nikki Visser" so when we turned around to make sure it was her she had obviously heard him and turned around smiled at us and give us a little wave.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back