2017 Trade and FA thread

Have to remember with FA that the picks you get in return are not meant to be 'market value' as such. It is simply some kind of compensation for losing a player. I don't mind this aspect of it, but where the system fails is that not all clubs are equal so some clubs are gain more than they lose. And when you aren't getting equal value back, it means some clubs are constantly going backwards.

Also, Barrett is an idiot. He dead set hates the Lions and can never report anything good about us without finding some kind of flaw to hit back with.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Have to remember with FA that the picks you get in return are not meant to be 'market value' as such. It is simply some kind of compensation for losing a player.

It's kinda half way between a refund (great) and trading your games in at EB (total rort).

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
We will all just have to get used to player movement, it's only going to get worse IMO, eventually we will get to a situation where every player coming OOC is a free agent with zero compensation, the only players traded will be in contract. There is massive player movement in most other major sports around the world eg. NRL, soccer leagues.

The thing that blows my mind re. NRL is players transferring mid season.

Brizzys Squizzy

All Australian
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If squib barrett wants to talk about rorts what we should do if lobbe rumours are true is go to port and say don't bother paying part of salary put that into rocky offer therefore getting us pick 2.I know its a dream but enough is enough time to fight back.

Flea_29

All Australian
Oct 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If squib barrett wants to talk about rorts what we should do if lobbe rumours are true is go to port and say don't bother paying part of salary put that into rocky offer therefore getting us pick 2.I know its a dream but enough is enough time to fight back.
I wonder if this is happening as we speak (type/read).
Tom's manager said today that "Over the coming days we'll lodge paperwork with Port"
They have had 2-3 days to do so, what's the hold up?
Maybe it's to alter his contract so that we get a band 1 on the condition we take Lobbe and his contract.

Or is this wishful thinking

snooplions

Club Legend
Dec 2, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Gotta love Barrett's ability to hit us with a pot shot from anywhere.
Terry Wallace "Schache looks like he's set to stay."
Barrett "Yeah, due to a lack of interest."

... Surely you can't be such an ass and not be hit by a karma bus at some stage. Feel like he's just going to get decked by a supporter, player, coach or manager one day.

... Surely you can't be such an ass and not be hit by a karma bus at some stage. Feel like he's just going to get decked by a supporter, player, coach or manager one day.

There's a guy in Tassie lining up a head butt as we speak...

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Wallace list management, do the Lions just give over pick 12 and make sure of getting Cameron.

Flog Barrett- I think picks 12 and 19 for Cameron and pick 16. You idiot, we'll wait and take him next year and the Crows can keep an unhappy player.

It's 18 or 19 (which IMO is still overs) or get our of here.

Fitzroy bears

Club Legend
Sep 7, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

You never know, his wife might beat him. Only time I would support domestic violence ever.

lions27

Club Legend
May 13, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The only logical outcome is to roll our PP into Rockliffs compo pick thus producing pick 2.
Gil was wishing there was a way to help us recover quicker- Well here it is Gilly!!

Lazza16

The Lions Women...roaring into 2023
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
With Francis wanting out of Essendon, we may see a change with young players requesting what club... since it is Essendon it is happening to.

Reckon we get Cameron for 19
Adelaide send 19 for Francis
Essendon use 19 for Stringer or Smith
I don't think anyone would be unhappy with that. Francis was a pick 6 I think,

Back