Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 12, 2004
Not in Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC, Arsenal
Jenkins needs to get himself super fit. He is not going to be a marking KPF as long as his arse points to tbe ground What he could do though is play a role similar to Tom Lynch if he was fit enough.

Mike Smyth

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 8, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
So you guys are happy too see him (and us) fail in another finals series?

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
So you guys are happy too see him (and us) fail in another finals series?
What are you talking about, I believe Team vs Player, If you want JJ to play like Tarzan then that what you will get 1 player not a team.

Watch our SANFL when Dear played Like Tarzan and they just bomb the ball into him. he gets some goals but not many other did.
They changed and the spread became more apparent. No Tarzans, but plenty of Running forward with pace.

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Strongly disagree.

I'll take Tarzan kicking 40 goals because he's likely creating another 40 with his toughness.

As opposed to Jane who might kick 60 but lets the opposition rebound for 20 against us because of his softness.

So jane getting 40 -60 at the same time as other are getting 40-60 goals
Do you realise the Crows are kicking more goals than any other team by a long way? more importantly our inside 50 ratios to score in the best,
But you want a Tarzan rather than a team of forwards.

The problem you have in attempting to convince me that Tarzan would be better, it the Stats does not support your argument, I would also look at the defensive stats before replying.

flashcrow

Club Legend
Jul 15, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
#weflyasone
Then our forward line structure changes, JJ get the Tarzan goals and the next best get less.
When I look at JJ and the way he Plays I look at the entire forward Line.
Do you realise the Crows are kicking more goals than any other team by a long way? more importantly our inside 50 ratios to score in the best,

The problem you have in attempting to convince me that Tarzan would be better, it the Stats does not support your argument, I would also look at the defensive stats before replying.

I also said the whole team needs to play tougher. The Crows won't play the same style of footy next year as they did this year. They will tweak it, and I believe they should do that by instilling greater hardness at the contest. As you would be aware, it isn't all about goals. They need to be able to keep the ball in their forward 50 when it gets there. Playing like Jane doesn't achieve that very often, but being smarter and tougher at the contest will allow it. It also doesn't mean that there aren't times when playing like Jane won't work, but Jane without Tarzan is just somebody lost in the jungle.

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
I also said the whole team needs to play tougher. The Crows won't play the same style of footy next year as they did this year. They will tweak it, and I believe they should do that by instilling greater hardness at the contest. As you would be aware, it isn't all about goals. They need to be able to keep the ball in their forward 50 when it gets there. Playing like Jane doesn't achieve that very often, but being smarter and tougher at the contest will allow it. It also doesn't mean that there aren't times when playing like Jane won't work, but Jane without Tarzan is just somebody lost in the jungle.

But the Tarzan most want do not defend, most want a Tarzan that crashes pack take the big marks, those players don't defend.
The team need consistency, the defensive pressure of our forward line improved this year and expected to improve again next year,
But that is team patterns and style, And JJ will be part of that. Or we could ask for him to play Like Dixon who attacks and marks like Tarzan but cannot stop a turd from getting a easy kick out of the forward line.
And Goals are very important, just and having the best ratio of Inside 50's to Scores. and one of the best defensive teams in the AFL. As mention their weakness inconsistency, which should improve again next year.
But I guess people need someone to blame and JJ the easier one to blame.

By the way, did you know JJ is above average in forward half pressure points a game for his postion, 3rd in the Crows for contested Marks, On par with Mitch McGovern 2.6 in Tackles per game JJ on 2.5, next best tall forward is Otten on 2.3, So JJ defensive game is not as bad as some believe it is.

flashcrow

Club Legend
Jul 15, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
#weflyasone
But the Tarzan most want do not defend, most want a Tarzan that crashes pack take the big marks, those players don't defend.
The team need consistency, the defensive pressure of our forward line improved this year and expected to improve again next year,
But that is team patterns and style, And JJ will be part of that. Or we could ask for him to play Like Dixon who attacks and marks like Tarzan but cannot stop a turd from getting a easy kick out of the forward line.
And Goals are very important, just and having the best ratio of Inside 50's to Scores. and one of the best defensive teams in the AFL. As mention their weakness inconsistency, which should improve again next year.
But I guess people need someone to blame and JJ the easier one to blame.

By the way, did you know JJ is above average in forward half pressure points a game for his postion, 3rd in the Crows for contested Marks, On par with Mitch McGovern 2.6 in Tackles per game JJ on 2.5, next best tall forward is Otten on 2.3, So JJ defensive game is not as bad as some believe it is.
Interesting comments, but I think you are missing my point... I'm not having a go at or blaming JJ, I'm saying he and the rest of the team need a harder edge. Of course goals are important, that is why it is equally as important to restrict the opposition from getting them. Balance is the key. I just don't think the balance is quite there yet, and in my opinion a little more mongrel would tweak it just nicely. There is no denying that the team played well this year, the way we played got us to a Grand Final; But it didn't help us win it! We need to add an edge to do that.

DynaBass

Team Captain
Aug 24, 2009
Northcote
AFL Club
Adelaide
Tarzan Vs Jane arguement above is silly. Reads like if JJ has some Tarzan about him he suddenly stops doing everything else he does.

What we all want is JJ doing what he does now AND having a bit of bloody mongrel and not shirking from everything that might hurt him.

It was said earlier that its not his athletisism or skill that's a problem its his commitment and desire to get the pill, everything from not bashing into packs, to turning his body to lessen any contact, to waving his arms around instead of tackling.

The few times he's shown some mongrel in games he looks fantastic and worth every cent he's paid, just wish he'd do it regularly.

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Interesting comments, but I think you are missing my point... I'm not having a go at or blaming JJ, I'm saying he and the rest of the team need a harder edge. Of course goals are important, that is why it is equally as important to restrict the opposition from getting them. Balance is the key. I just don't think the balance is quite there yet, and in my opinion a little more mongrel would tweak it just nicely. There is no denying that the team played well this year, the way we played got us to a Grand Final; But it didn't help us win it! We need to add an edge to do that.

And they will get the harder edge on the training track over summer.
The club and Players are hurting, they will work harder this summer. and JJ will be part of that.
We blew the grand final, But selection had a lot to do with it, too tall too slow.

flashcrow

Club Legend
Jul 15, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
#weflyasone
And they will get the harder edge on the training track over summer.
The club and Players are hurting, they will work harder this summer. and JJ will be part of that.
We blew the grand final, But selection had a lot to do with it, too tall too slow.
So we are on the same path here... Well at least as close as its going to get. You have your views, I have mine. I'm happy with my thoughts, as I am sure you are with yours.

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide

How many goals did we kick vs Richmond?

flashcrow

Club Legend
Jul 15, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
#weflyasone
Tarzan Vs Jane arguement above is silly. Reads like if JJ has some Tarzan about him he suddenly stops doing everything else he does.

What we all want is JJ doing what he does now AND having a bit of bloody mongrel and not shirking from everything that might hurt him.

It was said earlier that its not his athletisism or skill that's a problem its his commitment and desire to get the pill, everything from not bashing into packs, to turning his body to lessen any contact, to waving his arms around instead of tackling.

The few times he's shown some mongrel in games he looks fantastic and worth every cent he's paid, just wish he'd do it regularly.
:rolleyes:

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
4 less than he did the week before to get us there. But big deal, Crows played s**t, Are you going to say the same about Lynch,
you do know only 3 of our 7 forwards kicked goals,
Again the Crows played s**t.
So why blame 1 player.

If Jenkins didn't kick any of those 4 goals we still would have got to the grand final.

Jenkins kicked 3 of his goals in the last quarter when Geelong had given up.

If we took out all the goals any player kicked from Jenkins first goal to the end of the match.. we still end up with a higher score than Geelong.

flashcrow

Club Legend
Jul 15, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
#weflyasone
Why the eyeroll since I said essentially the same as you?
It was because you said the Tarzan vs Jane argument was silly, then said the same as me. If you agree with what I said then surely the argument, in your eyes shouldn't be silly. Long story short, I thought you were having a go at what I said then agreed with it. Sorry for the :rolleyes:. :)

DynaBass

Team Captain
Aug 24, 2009
Northcote
AFL Club
Adelaide
It was because you said the Tarzan vs Jane argument was silly, then said the same as me. If you agree with what I said then surely the argument, in your eyes shouldn't be silly. Long story short, I thought you were having a go at what I said then agreed with it. Sorry for the :rolleyes:. :)

Ahhh, I meant the way it was being framed above. The Tarzan/Jane thing is very relavant - but ad vitcorian is claiming to be Tarzan means loosing all the other stuff JJ does, which is crap, they're not exclusive - that's what I meant by silly.

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Ahhh, I meant the way it was being framed above. The Tarzan/Jane thing is very relavant - but ad vitcorian is claiming to be Tarzan means loosing all the other stuff JJ does, which is crap, they're not exclusive - that's what I meant by silly.

I did not start the Tarzan vs Jane, I just followed along with the trend, Because all year People on this site have been referring to Looks like Tarzan Plays like Jane in regards to JJ, and then wish he would attack the ball Like Dixon.

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
If Jenkins didn't kick any of those 4 goals we still would have got to the grand final.

Jenkins kicked 3 of his goals in the last quarter when Geelong had given up.

If we took out all the goals any player kicked from Jenkins first goal to the end of the match.. we still end up with a higher score than Geelong.

As I said Big deal, the Crows play s**t the Forward line played s**t yet people like you pick one player to attack.
Are you going to comment on the "only 3 out 7 forwards kicked goals" Are you saying the same about the other forwards?
Because If you are going to make a comment Like how many goals did he kick in the grand final then you need to look at all the Forwards? Again the Forward line played s**t. not just one player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back