News Update: Charles Cameron traded to Brisbane for Pick 12

Remove this Banner Ad

So is there any chance at all of getting pick 1 (not directly for Cameron of course)

Would have to be a massive offer involving a gun player who probably has no interest in playing for Brisbane.

So yeah, probably no chance.

Whatever the differences in DE between Cameron and Eddie, the fact is that CC played one acceptable game in three months. How many did Eddie play? CC is replaceable. If we are offered a 1st for him, take with both hands.
Cameron has been a far better finals performer than Eddie over the last 3 years. Thats when it counts right? Not sure we should be shipping him out even for a shiny draft pick.

So now we have players saying they want to be trading on compassionate or religious grounds. Ffs this competition has seriously “jumped the shark”.

The only way I would let Cameron go for pick 18 is if Brisbane take Jenkins too,

This. I was nervous about meeting them at any stage in the finals for this reason, and was happy we missed them in the QF, and posted as such. Unfortunately was proved right :'(

Here is one for you. I think we would rolled them in a QF at AO. With a bit of luck they have played GWS in NSW in a prelim.

Thats a sliding doors moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean Cameron wants to go back to Brisbane with a yr left on his contract and rockliff wants out and is happy to come to south Australia.

Weak draft. Charlie still in Contract. Pick 12 or Charlie stays. Brisbane has found a guy (CC) who actually wants to play for them. More than can be said for the bloke they'd be drafting with Pick 12.
There's nothing wrong with the top end of this draft, it's just that it falls away quicker to where more picks will be speculative as in players that have talent but have aspects of their game that will need work to reach AFL standards, some will make it, some will not. If we're talking pick 12 to 18 the odds are still in our favour that we'll likely get a very solid AFL player with that pick.

Last edited:
I mean Cameron wants to go back to Brisbane with a yr left on his contract and rockliff wants out and is happy to come to south Australia.

You'd have to pay Rockliff similar to what Port is... somewhere in the vicinity of 700-750 a year for four years.

Serious ?? Double??

I've never posted a rumor before because frankly I have 0 sources at the Crows.

However I lived in Brisbane for a decade (still live in QLD). I know a few people associated with the Lions and this is what they told me and I have no reason to doubt them.

Obviously take what I say with a grain of salt because I don't exactly have any record to fall back on as proof and I doubt I'll ever get another bit of information again because frankly I don't care enough about Brisbane to ask questions normally.

They basically want to heavily front load him with freed up Rockliff money.

You'd have to pay Rockliff similar to what Port is... somewhere in the vicinity of 700-750 a year for four years.
Well levers gone so that frees up some cash if we just get draft picks and with the players we have lost previously and the 2 this yr.. I reckon we could do it . He might be happy to take 600k and come play at a club that just played in agf as well.

Bicks
Theories why Cameron's leaving the Crows:
--- club culture problem (which has been resoundingly booed and argued against in here, OK, fair enough)
--- the money, ie much better offer from Lions (good on him, if his motivation is $s)
--- "family" reasons (born in Mt. Isa) o_O <== isn't that his private business?
--- "partner" issues (?) <== isn't that his private business?
--- other player/s personality clashes (if he goes I think Eddie will be unhappy, JJ too, but will still wish him the best)
--- prefers the Qld. climate and likes his tropical fruit fresh (?) ... ;)
--- write your own.
Bicks said: "name one player that's left us that's said the club is a s**t place to be at".
I can think of two viz Scott Welsh and Ivan Maric who said that getting away from Adelaide and the AFC was like a breath of fresh air. Had a few things to say about Neil Craig as well --- Craigy took the fun out of footy, apparently --- but my memory is oldness-affected and I might be wrong.

I mean, really, other than CC himself, who knows? o_O None of us will know for sure unless he or his manager make some kind of public statement and even then there might be some reason that he just prefers to keep to himself, which is his right.
No point arguing amongst ourselves about whether Brisbane/Fagan did the right thing and who's/what's a better trade for CC (the Club will take care of that regardless of BF).
He's going. Apparently.
All the best, Charles :thumbsu:, and thanks for the 2017 PF which I will always try to associate with you.
Links please because in Ivan's case at least that's poles apart from my recollection of what he said.

Well levers gone so that frees up some cash if we just get draft picks and with the players we have lost previously and the 2 this yr.. I reckon we could do it . He might be happy to take 600k and come play at a club that just played in agf as well.

In that case I think you'd be much better off getting Rockliff as a free agent and still making us pay for Cameron as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back