News Charlie and the Lions Factory - the Everlasting Charlie Cameron Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Dodongo not shy, body proud.
enhanced-buzz-27520-1344293048-28.jpg

I haven't stopped laughing!!

Showed Mr MM the picture of his twin, he said he doesn't look like that....I said "oh yes you do!":D:p:D

Kane Cornes (who probably lacks any credibility) believes the Crows are going hard at Motlop.

Might be triggered by losing Cameron.

Yep being reported they have thrown a heap of cash at him.....He's in Adelaide atm with Port... and will tour the facilities over the weekend..

To his credit, Motlop showed some good form during the finals for the cats after copping a bit of a beating about being lazy. He probably is a good fit for the Crows, they need a bit of speed and he can be dangerous. It isn't as bad as it looks for the Crows, they could end up with Lever and Cameron out but Gibbs in, which on the surface is probably about break even. If they are smart and can get a FA like Motlop on top of it then i think they are in a better position, and might even come out in a better draft position as well.

They will be in the finals window for awhile yet, there will be players interesting in chasing success.

Yeah I get, but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised. The Gibbs saga last year may be a line in the sand where the landscape may just change for contracted players. For too long now players and clubs alike have pretty much disregarded the intent of contracts.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Going by their luck so far this year Adelaide will trade in the wrong Gibbs

ncis-gibbs-music

Charlie's manager on trade radio, sure he said Charlie told Adelaide a while ago he would not be signing another contract. In his exit meeting said he wants to move to Brisbane and when he played the Lions at the Gabba, it reinforced what he had been feeling. Also said hi indifferent form was due to wanting out

It's not that simple at all. 12 months is a long time, the Crows may back themselves in and take a view that Cameron may not feel the same way in 12 months time and therefore be happy to stay in Adelaide.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Sorry, oversimplification of a position. If the reason he wants to come home is compassionate grounds then not sure that another 12 months in Adelaide is going to fix that. Probably make things worse.

What's up with Charlie Cameron

His manager Colin Young spoke to NAB AFL Trade Radio.

• Really early stages with Charlie Cameron. Only just told Adelaide on Thursday.
  • Knowing the club that he has chosen is Brisbane, which has some picks, might help the deal get done. But we have to wait to hear that the Crows are saying.
  • Mounted a good case to the Crowd to go home to where family and friends are. Bryce Gibbs might open something up and we’ll watch that.
  • Family and friends are No.1 and that's where he wants to live and where he thinks he will play his best football.
  • The Crows could set themselves up for the next few years if they make the right decisions.

It should be made clear, that Charlie being 'homesick' is a 6 - 12 month thing, not just the last 2 days. I think we were all aware some 3 months ago through various channels (with me having a mate that works closely with the past players group) that Charlie was not happy in Adelaide and wanted to be close to family in Brisbane. He obviously has ties with some of our players and their partners (namely Emma MacNeill) and would prefer to play for Brisbane rather than GC.
I have no doubt the Colin has been is regular contact with both clubs over the past 3-4 months and that 'off the record' both clubs have had some informal chats.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aaron Francis has reportedly requested a trade back to SA. Port don't have any decent picks so Adelaide could be after him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back