Non-Lions Footy Season (2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If true, that's really quite juvenile. I am starting to think the Birdman is emotionally out of his depth in the footy manager role.
I wouldn't blame Burton, Crows have a history of pulling this s**t. Remember Gunston winning the Best Young player award only to be stripped of it when it came out before the night that he wanted to be traded?

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
I wouldn't blame Burton, Crows have a history of pulling this s**t. Remember Gunston winning the Best Young player award only to be stripped of it when it came out before the night that he wanted to be traded?

Yeah, that was ridiculous. Who would be the common thread though... new CEO, new President since then.

Jan 13, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Just reported on SEN that the Adelaide FC has informed Lever that he is not welcome at their B&F function tonight.

What a bunch of sooks.

It's time the AFL industry got over this infantile dummy spitting when a player wants out.

FFS, he's not even contracted.
Sounds like it is coming more from the senior players than the club. Tex having a lot to say. Surprising they have been able to find Tex, he went missing GF day.

Yeah, that was ridiculous. Who would be the common thread though... new CEO, new President since then.
Crows as a whole organisation then.

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions

Remember when Rischitelli was known to be leaving for GC at the end of 2009?

Not only did we "allow' him to attend our B&F that year but we also gave him the gong.

For all the schizen that we have subsequently endured as a club, I am consoled by the fact that our Club showed some collective class and maturity back then.

Not only did we "allow' him to attend our B&F that year but we also gave him the gong.

For all the schizen that we have subsequently endured as a club, I am consoled by the fact that our Club showed some collective class and maturity back then.

The fact that he openly stated how much harder it was to leave than he thought it was going to be (tears at the b&f) helped me feel kindly toward him.

The fact that he openly stated how much harder it was to leave than he thought it was going to be (tears at the b&f) helped me feel kindly toward him.

And, IIRC, the way he left ensured we got maximum compensation.

edit. Or was that Brennan?

Grizzly86

Club Legend
Sep 6, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
This is completely unprecedented! Losing two players in one off season! How ever will a club cope? It must be so hard for the Crows to sleep at night, if only there were clubs around that had dealt with this previously.

Maybe they could chase a contracted player from another club for the first time ever. It may make them seem a little hypocritical, so I doubt they'd ever consider that, given how majestic they look on the pedestal they have placed themselves on...

winged1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
This is completely unprecedented! Losing two players in one off season! How ever will a club cope? It must be so hard for the Crows to sleep at night, if only there were clubs around that had dealt with this previously.

Maybe they could chase a contracted player from another club for the first time ever. It may make them seem a little hypocritical, so I doubt they'd ever consider that, given how majestic they look on the pedestal they have placed themselves on...
Ladies and Gentleman, I present thee sarcasm.

Carlos Danger

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Wait are you referring to Gibbs or parish?

They clearly have culture issues, we had them but when it's happening to you and there are people in power that are largely responsivle for it it's hard to see

Seriously the way they're carrying on if I was a player I wouldn't want to go to the crows right now

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams

sarcasm.gif

Zhesty

All Australian
Feb 12, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Broncos
I don't blame the crows for being peeved. They have lost a lot of good quality players over the years.

They've put years of development into him, they took a risk on him in his draft. They are right in their premiership window. If I was a crows player or supporter I'd be let down.

Remember this is not a Riska situation where we had tried to trade Riska one year prior.

When Rockliff fired some shots at the departing gh5, I remember a few of us here were pretty happy.

T Rick

Premium Platinum
Sep 20, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

...and so did Riska

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
I don't blame the crows for being peeved. They have lost a lot of good quality players over the years.

They've put years of development into him, they took a risk on him in his draft.

They're in a good position to replace him with Motlop and also get what would be considered a first round pick in any other year.

Not a bad return on a rookie draftee. We took a significant loss on the Go Home 5. They'll profit nicely from this if they strip the emotion out of it.

winged1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
When Rockliff fired some shots at the departing gh5, I remember a few of us here were pretty happy.

Until we realised he had a pretty big hand in them wanting to leave.

His cup runneth over with his just desserts.

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
There are swings and roundabouts every year now with want-aways, want-ins and now Free Agents.

That has become the nature of the beast

I'm not sure we're ready for the total lassez-faire approach of the NRL to player movements but I sure as hell think the AFL Clubs need to grow up and quit the sickening "we are as pure as the driven snow and youse are all bastards" hypocrasy that has been brrilliantly illustrated by the Crows in the last couple of days.

winged1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
There are swings and roundabouts every year now with want-aways, want-ins and now Free Agents.

That has become the nature of the beast

I'm not sure we're ready for the total lassez-faire approach of the NRL to player movements but I sure as hell think the AFL Clubs need to grow up and quit the sickening "we are as pure as the driven snow and youse are all bastards" hypocrasy that has been brrilliantly illustrated by the Crows in the last couple of days.
Yeah Adelaide not covering themselves in glory the last couple of weeks

CarterS

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
On Fox they're playing the famous WB vs Essendon game from 2000, when Essendon were supposed to go through the season undefeated but lost in Round 21, the birth of the flooding scandal and probably the highlight of Wallace's coaching career. Not a great spectacle but a great scrap.

CarterS

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Stuart Dew is a great appointment for Gold Coast but he is not inheriting a great situation. I would love to see them hit the ground running next season and do well and have Lynch re-sign.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Stuart Dew is a great appointment for Gold Coast but he is not inheriting a great situation. I would love to see them hit the ground running next season and do well and have Lynch re-sign.

I'd like to see them file for bankruptcy and see their players go into a contraction draft. ;)

CarterS

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
I'd like to see them file for bankruptcy and see their players go into a contraction draft. ;)

I support all QLD teams in all sports but they don't really feel like a QLD team, like the Lions, Broncos and Cowboys do, whatever that means. Don't really have an identity yet, I guess. Still like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back