2017 Trade and FA thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Well Essendon would be... but they always are when they trade. Would mean essentially they lose Francis for Stringer. I wouldn't mind that if I was them lol
OK then 1 steak knife to Adelaide also and I think GWS would be happy to see the backside of Smith. Perfect. We could throw in Bewick to the Crows lol.

Gotta love Barrett's ability to hit us with a pot shot from anywhere.
Terry Wallace "Schache looks like he's set to stay."
Barrett "Yeah, due to a lack of interest."

... Surely you can't be such an ass and not be hit by a karma bus at some stage. Feel like he's just going to get decked by a supporter, player, coach or manager one day.
Or Leppa?

Since Port aren't doing us any favours with the Rockliff contract. I say pass on Lobbe and get Zac Clarke as our backup ruck. He's not great, but he is the right age and would be a decent enough backup IMO.

Hodge is 33...just saying
Come on Sizey.

Luke Hodge..............................................................................................................................
..............................................................................................................................................
..............................................................................................................................................
............................................................................................................>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.....
................................................................................................................................
.........>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sam Gibson.

Hodge is 33...just saying
Hodge has a role to play with development.

Gibson would be a list clogger. A fine player but would literally be a hindrance. Our list needs young midfielders with A Grade potential not 31yr old C+ Grade players. Did people seriously learn nothing from 2009-2014?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huge difference in bringing in an older head for a season compared to trading 'mid aged' spuds like we did under Voss and Leppa. Anyway I think we will bring in someone to replace Rocky on the cheap and you can't get cheaper than a DFA.

Not sure there are any decent DFA'a currently worth looking at. We'd be far better off grabbing someone like Miles for a pick in the 30/40 range, who would be a reasonably safe bet to be best 22 with us.

Is it out of the realms of possibility that bastinac increases his midfield minutes and moves tighter to the contest. Add in some increased midfield minutes for Matheson, Keays and Berry along with pinch hits from the returning Robinson and Christensen and theres options there. Sure it's not rocky levels but it's not entirely bereft of options. Even Barrett was an inside mid to start and could go in there if needed along with whoever we draft at 1 or 12

Is it out of the realms of possibility that bastinac increases his midfield minutes and moves tighter to the contest. Add in some increased midfield minutes for Matheson, Keays and Berry along with pinch hits from the returning Robinson and Christensen and theres options there. Sure it's not rocky levels but it's not entirely bereft of options. Even Barrett was an inside mid to start and could go in there if needed along with whoever we draft at 1 or 12

I was talking about if we were going to replace Rockliff from the outside rather than within. I'd be all for giving more minutes to the likes of Keays, Matho, Berry and Clugg. But we're one Beams injury away from being seriously tested depth wise if we don't bring someone else in that can play a role. We seen last year Rockliff, Beams, Robinson and Christensen were all injured with two of them missing the entire season.

Either way, someone like Miles would be a good get and is in that age bracket Noble said we are looking for. Adding Cameron and Miles in the one trade period probably gives us 2 best 22 players and puts on more competition for spots.

Huge difference in bringing in an older head for a season compared to trading 'mid aged' spuds like we did under Voss and Leppa. Anyway I think we will bring in someone to replace Rocky on the cheap and you can't get cheaper than a DFA.

Who was the goose that played half a game that Leppa bought from Richmond with him?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not sure there are any decent DFA'a currently worth looking at. We'd be far better off grabbing someone like Miles for a pick in the 30/40 range, who would be a reasonably safe bet to be best 22 with us.
We could trade Close or Hammelmann for Miles, if they were interested. Either would suit them and might be more likely to get a game there, as Miles would be with us.

Luke McGuane .

Played 7 games over 2013-14.

He was a Queenslander and we got him as a a DFA so it didn't cost us much except a list spot.

I had hopes for him as I thought he was quite decent for Richmond prior to coming to us.

Ongoing knee problems plagued him in his time with the Lions.

Let's throw coin at Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti. Essendon need draft picks to get their S's.
Imagine a side with MCD-T, Cameron, Cox, Christensen, Robbo, McCluggage, Berry and we are super quick

And draft Sambono. Wowsers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back