Certified Legendary Thread Q: Why did Freeman Leave St Kilda? (A: He was delisted)

Should the thread be closed

• Yes

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • No

Votes: 33 70.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ga Doey

Team Captain
Aug 25, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
how is Horsham this year compared to its average

Rainfall through winter had been up compared to previous years. Spring however has been cold with little rain. Is Nathan Freeman all of a sudden interested in our weather?

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Rainfall through winter had been up compared to previous years. Spring however has been cold with little rain. Is Nathan Freeman all of a sudden interested in our weather?

Weather is very important when it comes to hammy awareness :p

Feb 21, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
It's dry everywhere. Drier than it usually is in each area of the nation, which is how you measure it. What's the average rainfall for Bendigo this year compared to it's average, how is Horsham this year compared to its average - not how is Horsham compared to Bendigo this year. Of course some areas will be wetter than others at all times, just like my bathroom is wetter than other parts of my house.

In my work I work with people who sell off-highway engines to farmers for irrigation as well as RFS, CFA etc. on CAF systems which spray fire ******ant foam onto bush fires. Everyone knows it's been a very dry winter.

Winter is the period you want heaviest rainfalls. Instead you kick the top of the soil and you'll find it's dry half an inch down.
Except South gippsland, south western Victoria, The mountains, Mornington Peninsula the period 1st July -30 September where rainfall was above average and the ground is certainly not dry.

Except South gippsland, south western Victoria, The mountains, Mornington Peninsula the period 1st July -30 September where rainfall was above average and the ground is certainly not dry.

Yes, but that can't make up for an above average dry winter is my point. The soil is dry as is the undergrowth in general across Victoria. I realise some parts can be wetter, just like my bathroom floor can get quite wet periodically, but in general I'd say my house is dry. Anyway.

Feb 21, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
West gippsland has done well back half of winter.
NW, North of the ranges and east gippsland have been very dry.
Autumn was dry everywhere.
Leongatha is wet underfoot now. The end.

West gippsland has done well back half of winter.
NW, North of the ranges and east gippsland have been very dry.
Autumn was dry everywhere.
Leongatha is wet underfoot now. The end.

There is nowhere over winter in Victoria where there was above average rainfall and 80% of it was below average rainfall. Anecdotal observations don't stack up to the Bureau of Meteorology averages over the whole of winter.

Feb 21, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yes, but that can't make up for an above average dry winter is my point.
Short memory.
There is nowhere over winter in Victoria where there was above average rainfall and 80% of it was below average rainfall. Anecdotal observations don't stack up to the Bureau of Meteorology averages over the whole of winter.
Rainfall anomaly charts have been posted for you. They are very clear as to what has been dry, what has been average and what has been above average.

Leongatha has been......wet.
From July 1st -30 September.

Feb 21, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
latest.seaus (1).gif

Since we are discussing the weather, not a far stretch to ask the question... what are the nice areas of Launceston to buy a home?
Good question. My wife's friends are in the process of moving there, can ask where to if you like.
Personally love tassie, but to cold for even a ex Gippsland boy

Good question. My wife's friends are in the process of moving there, can ask where to if you like.
Personally love tassie, but to cold for even a ex Gippsland boy
Yes please as I am thinking of downsizing and love Tassie every time I visit. Can still hop on a plane and see a few pies game.
Thought that Launceston/Davenport was a bit warmer than Hobart?
PM me if you like.

The far northern suburbs of Brighton and Portsea seem nice.

Okay, thanks will check it out. Tassie has a Portsea?

Feb 21, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yes please as I am thinking of downsizing and love Tassie every time I visit. Can still hop on a plane and see a few pies game.
Thought that Launceston/Davenport was a bit warmer than Hobart?
PM me if you like.

Okay, thanks will check it out. Tassie has a Portsea?
It's fairly prestigious.
You need a ferry to get there.

Perfect climate for me.
Mountains need another 1000metres though.
Wife would like to move there, but cannot just yet. But said if we do l have to have a van to go north in the winter. Rest l am ok with.
Seen most of the east coast of aus, its the prettiest l have seen.

pablo disco bar

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 16, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Noooooooooooo not this thread
2018 will he finally play a game?
Was shocked to see nathan brown played all 22...didnt know that was possible

Noooooooooooo not this thread
2018 will he finally play a game?
Was shocked to see nathan brown played all 22...didnt know that was possible
Be honest you love it