News Maxwell returns to Collingwood (see #60 for details)

Remove this Banner Ad

ottoman

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2014
Istanbul
AFL Club
Collingwood
Food for though, Maxy was the "leadership" manager at the giants (and runner). I look at the on field leadership group at gws and looks like a lot of infighting this year; that given how much do we really rate for the same role at our club?
Some more food for thought, if Maxwell hadn't been there maybe instead on infighting it would have been all out war.
Who knows with these things.
One thing is for sure. If we do well next year we will all be clapping the club for getting its act together.
If we do poorly with the exception of Saintly Viewed we will all be baying for blood. I may even fly back to Aus and burn down the Holden Center

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Yeah, but to be fair he probably to deal with Heath Shaw telling them all to do the opposite of whatever he said.
Yeah to be fair it was his job to make Heater a good leader (that being heater in their leadership group) and tell him to stfu at the right moments, if it is true as you guess that it was the other way around then I don't have confidence in Maxy to tell bucks to stfu when required and our leadership won't improve because our leaders will do as they please instead of listen to good advice. Look Maxy is an undisputed and highly regarded leader but it hinges on whether or not certain leaders will take on board the advice that Maxy gives and it is obvious the club has appointed him for that reason - time will tell

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Some more food for thought, if Maxwell hadn't been there maybe instead on infighting it would have been all out war.
One thing is for sure. If we do well next year we will all be clapping the club for getting its act together.
If we do poorly with the exception of Saintly Viewed we will all be baying for blood. I may even fly back to Aus and burn down the Holden Center
if we do well next year then that would indicate that the role Maxy is appointed for is working and Ed and bucks are behaving, if we don't and we continue to see poor off field decisions then we know Maxy did not have the desired impact

if we do well next year then that would indicate that the role Maxy is appointed for is working and Ed and bucks are behaving, if we don't and we continue to see poor off field decisions then we know Maxy did not have the desired impact
Maxwell's role has nothing to do with off field decisions.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
You pyromaniac you :D

I think I'll be quietly seething but without bloodlust :)

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Pendles on SEN said he is going to be the runner next year also.

Pendles on SEN said he is going to be the runner next year also.
I reckon the moves this off season have been mostly positive so far.
I was wrong about getting Walsh back when we did, very good operator.
Hoping it translates to the footy field

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Maxwell's role has nothing to do with off field decisions.
What I meant by that is if he has enough "influence" so we don't make stupid decisions like recruiting mayne for example then you could say he's mentoring the leaders well - on and off the field. Hopefully that's what the club has appointed him for otherwise the impact he brings won't be as great as it should.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Is anyone else over the Mayne referencing in pretty much every thread?

It does my head in.

Rant Over :mad:

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Is anyone else over the Mayne referencing in pretty much every thread?

It does my head in.

Rant Over :mad:
Agree.
It's done.
Time to move forward

CFC2010

Cancelled
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Agree.
Having said that I am sure I will reference him again some time in the future.
I'm a hypocrite.

You my friend are the exception to the rule.

CFC2010

Cancelled
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
By the way CFC2010. Don't take this the wrong way but that is the most piss poor effort at a rant I have ever seen.
2 sentences. Laziest rant in history.

:D

IMG_2802.JPG

What I meant by that is if he has enough "influence" so we don't make stupid decisions like recruiting mayne for example then you could say he's mentoring the leaders well - on and off the field. Hopefully that's what the club has appointed him for otherwise the impact he brings won't be as great as it should.
I don't think that maxy will have any say on who we recruit, not his job

CFC2010

Cancelled
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

Not having a go at you Carringbush2010 in particular but it annoys me that Mayne is the poster boy for us being s**t this year on this board.

Last edited:
I know that's not his role but I'd sure he'd have an idea about such decisions and the "leaders" who would think about such decisions should listen to Maxy's thoughts - or be mentored if you like
Who do you think he will mentor

Remove this Banner Ad

Back