Play Nice 2018 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo did very well to win 6 out of 7 games from round 3-9 especially winning a few games by under a goal. Ross definitely exposed a lot of youth to the side as well so it was funny when there were still some claiming that he didn't expose much youth to the side on the MB.

Understandable that you would be disappointed if Freo finish in the bottom 4 in unconvincing fashion. In 2018, I can still see them having a similar year to what they had this year in avoiding the bottom 4 and getting around 8 wins. I can't see them doing much better than that but it wouldn't surprise me if they did.

Haven't done a ladder yet and a bit early to make a call but if I had to give Freo a wins range for 2018 I'd say 6-9 wins.
As I said Looking at the 1st year players we played....

Griffin Logue: 13 games (not surprising as he was our 1st round pick)
Sean Darcy: 8 games
Harley Balic: 4 games
Brennan Cox: 10 games
Luke Ryan : 11 games
Josh Deluca: 4 games
Ryan Nyhuis: 4 games

Darcy will be our main ruckman once Sandi retires. Cox is our Harry Taylor type swingman. Nyhuis had an awesome debut vs North late in the season with 4 goals. Ryan has replace Ibbotson, Deluca could be another serviceable fringe mid. Only negative is Balic wants to be traded

5-9 wins is the likely outcome in 2018. I can live with getting another 6-8 wins with a top 5 pick and using that top 5 pick on a gun KPF

Sydney have suffered some extreme coaching losses so far with Dew and Playfair off the books. Will be interesting to see how the Swans perform and I think there is an outside chance for an unexpected struggle

Hawthorn didn't seem to struggle when Hardwick,Beveridge,Cameron,Bolton all left.

Sydney have suffered some extreme coaching losses so far with Dew and Playfair off the books. Will be interesting to see how the Swans perform and I think there is an outside chance for an unexpected struggle

Extreme?

As long as we dont add Buckley we will be ok

Sydney
GWS
Port (signing Rockliff, Motlop & Watts... puts them into the top 4)
Melbourne
Essendon
Richmond
Adelaide
Hawthorn

Geelong
Collingwood
Bulldogs
St Kilda
West Coast
Carlton
Fremantle
Brisbane
North Melbourne
Gold Coast

Last edited:
I think they will have a better H&A season overall next season. Hard to get a gauge on how much impact losing Dew and Playfair is, but just looking at their list and their best 22, I think they will make top 4. They've still got a quality side and have a nice balance in quality in their senior core, their middle aged core as well as some really promising younger players. Could possibly be top 2 if a lot goes well for them I reckon.

Last edited:
1. GWS 18-4
2. Geelong 16-6
3. Sydney 15-7
4. Melbourne 15-7
5. Adelaide 14-8
6. Port Adelaide 13-9
7. Richmond 13-9
8. Hawthorn 12-10
9. St KIlda 11-11
10. West Coast 11-11
11. Essendon 10-12
12. Bulldogs 10-12
13. Collingwood 10-12
14. Fremantle 8-14
15. Carlton 7-15
16. Brisbane 6-16
17. Kangaroos 6-16
18. Gold Coast 3-19

Last edited:
1. Richmond
2. GWS
3. Melbourne
4. Adelaide
5. Bulldogs
6. Essendon
7. Geelong
8. Hawthorn

9. Sydney
10. Brisbane
11. Port Adelaide
12. West Coast
13. St Kilda
14. Gold Coast
15. Fremantle
16. Collingwood
17. Carlton
18. North Melbourne

I'm sure this won't be the most popular ladder prediction but I believe I'll be close come years end....Richmond bias aside :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How can we do this before the fixture is released?

Some bottom 10 team will coincide their armchair ride fixture with a decent team to rocket up the ladder.

1. Sydney - Best side in the league by a mile.
2. Adelaide - Good scoring power should see them around the top.
3. GWS - The scariest thing is this is their baseline performances. Thankfully for the rest of the league they have the worst coach in the league at the helm.
4. Essendon - Interesting side, and one that should really benefit from what will be another weakish year.
5. Melbourne - Building something nice here, well coached too.
6. Geelong - I dunno where to place them, especially if they get all home games at the hellhole that is Kardinia. They'll be in the 8, just a matter of where.
7. Richmond - Won't be as good as last season, but won't fade as much as the dogs.
8. Saints - They are a pretty average side but will do fine.
9. Dogs - I have no read on the dogs currently.
10. Port - Terrible coach will hold them back from being top 8 with a harder draw.
11. Hawks - Will beat some good teams, will lose some piss easy games. You know the drill for a rebuilding side.
12. Brisbane - Reckon we'll see some life in Brisbane this season. Good youth coming through.
13. Fremantle - I have no idea where to place them outside of saying 10-18th.
14. West Coast - Reckon they'll have a down year.
15. Collingwood - Poorly coached club with limited scope to get out of the cycle they are in.
16. Gold Coast - Yeah. They'll be bad.
17. Carlton - They'll be worse. Unsure if Bolton is anymore than a one season wonder.
18. North - Probably the only team they'll beat is Adelaide in Tasmania.

Anyone who has Geelong below 6th is in denial. We might suck when it comes to performing in finals, but we'll get there comfortably, just read all of those threads complaining about our home ground and home state advantages...

Sydney
GWS
Essendon
Adelaide
Melbourne
Port
St Kilda
Dogs

Hawthorn
Richmond
West Coast
Collingwood
Brisbane
Carlton
North
Fremantle
Suns

Essendon and Melbourne will both finally shake off their rubbishness in 2018. Richmond I'll almost certain will miss - hangover + likelihood of far more injuries. Collingwood to remain forever crap, but not crap enough to land top draft picks. One of those bottom 5 teams will surprise, but can't pick who.

With all these predictions of sydney as top, then buddy (at 31) must be about to produce the greatest season of all time...

Predicted Ranges:
Adelaide: 1-6
Brisbane: 13-18
Carlton 12-16
Collingwood: 7-12
Essendon: 3-10
Fremantle: 13-18
Geelong: 2-8
Gold Coast: 13-18
GWS: 1-8
Hawthorn: 8-14
Melbourne: 3-10