News Update: Charles Cameron traded to Brisbane for Pick 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Gotta love this board.

"Francis is s**t, has shown nothing. Do not want."

"Anyway, Doedee can come in and slot into Levers role".

What do Francis and Doedee have in common?

Right now one has done a good apprenticeship in the SANFL, the other has managed to show he's talented but huge question marks on work rate and desire, and no one is having a long term career without them.

I'd much rather Doedee.

I'm not sure they will.
Adrian Dodoro didn't get his reputation for being extremely difficult to deal with by being a nice guy.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...a/news-story/28930384ca97307fbb4f7dd47906c514

“He’s a contracted player for the next two years and we have extremely high regard for him as a player,” Dodoro said last month.

“When we drafted him we knew there’d be some limitations initially because of some injury issues.

“We’ve got him to a point now where his fitness is really good, he runs games out exceptionally well and we’re expecting a really big year from him next year.

“I’m pretty sure it’ll be at the Bombers and our fans should be happy to see him playing some really strong footy next year.”

Adrian Dodoro didn't get his reputation for being extremely difficult to deal with by being a nice guy.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...a/news-story/28930384ca97307fbb4f7dd47906c514

“He’s a contracted player for the next two years and we have extremely high regard for him as a player,” Dodoro said last month.

“When we drafted him we knew there’d be some limitations initially because of some injury issues.

“We’ve got him to a point now where his fitness is really good, he runs games out exceptionally well and we’re expecting a really big year from him next year.

“I’m pretty sure it’ll be at the Bombers and our fans should be happy to see him playing some really strong footy next year.”
Might be a McCarthy type situation

They told him to lift his rate at the end of last year and he failed to do that. When they are chasing 3 good players from other clubs they'll need currency and they won't get that from Port.

So doesn't he just mention family reasons and the media become sympathetic?

Or is that only players going to Victoria.

Links please because in Ivan's case at least that's poles apart from my recollection of what he said.
Like I said, I could be wrong.
Bicks said: "name one player that's left us that's said the club is a s**t place to be at".
Scott Welsh. <== one player.
No links. I'm pretty sure he bagged Craig/AFC after leaving, and one other who left the same time. I thought it was Maric.

Is that all you got from that post? o_O

You're betting on Pyke doing the same M.O. as this year, he's smarter than that, he's seen who fell short on the big day and will fastrack the younger talent now I'm betting/.
:thumbsu:
I hope you're right.
I'd love to see some good, new, committed young talent in our side.

Key words here. 'Compared to what they were asked to do'. He's arguably more of an important cog in our side, but to say he's a better player than Laird is just wrong

Do you know what a straw man is?

It’s where you make up an argument to argue against

Who ever said Cameron was better than Laird?

Other than your straw man I can’t see anyone did

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you know what a straw man is?

It’s where you make up an argument to argue against

Who ever said Cameron was better than Laird?

Other than your straw man I can’t see anyone did
Well that’s an even more silly position to hold. He has, by measures that matter, been a top 10 player

You should feel bad
Okay I'm confused. Laird is a better player than Cameron, but he's a top 10 player based off the B&F results (and thus better than Laird)

Either I'm missing something, or you're contradicting yourself big-time mate

Okay I'm confused. Laird is a better player than Cameron, but he's a top 10 player based off the B&F results (and thus better than Laird)

Either I'm missing something, or you're contradicting yourself big-time mate

This is a joke right

You’ve already been told to do the maths which shows on average votes Laird is a top 10 player and higher than Cameron

FFS

This is a joke right

You’ve already been told to do the maths which shows on average votes Laird is a top 10 player and higher than Cameron

FFS
Wasn't able to find the vote tallies, but he finished 11th, my bad

Explain how Hartigan is better than Laird, then?

Can anyone name a first round draft pick who didn't work out at the club he was drafted to but did at the one he was then traded to?
[edit] By "didn't work out" I mean looked a bust, not like say Gunston who wanted to go home early or Lynch who just couldn't get into a top side. (although I guess with Lynch there is a case to make)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back