No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #10 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting from Dew. He knocked back Melbourne. He didn't even apply for Carlton or Brisbane. Pulled out of the Adelaide process.

But he applied for and took the job at Gold Coast. Was that really the job he's been waiting for?
Took the knock pretty hard, wasn't really in the race for the others. Suns are a basket case, probably thinks he is due.

I don't think he is a pissweak leader at all, he sounds like he has high expectations just like Nathan Buckley has/did.

If he is challenging his team-mates to reach the holy grail then I see no issue with it.

Maybe the way the message is delivered could be better but we will never know how that went down.

Even putting the GF speech aside at this stage, there's absolutely 0 excuse to treat Lever like he has.

0 Class.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/ga...r/news-story/f58ca65af83d24ed09605116784dc69d

Walker having a "catch up" coffee with Gibbs this time last year but now crying about Lever requesting a trade.

Also this last part about the trade negotiations is comedy gold!

“So this negotiation has been ongoing for a long time and that offer was slid across the table to the Crows official.

“He looked at it, shut his computer, didn’t say a word, got up and left the cafe. Just walked out. No dialogue whatsoever and it was quite a long walk to the exit of this cafe.

No wonder these idiots couldn't get a deal done last year. :D

Even putting the GF speech aside at this stage, there's absolutely 0 excuse to treat Lever like he has.

0 Class.
Agree. Walker has come out of this looking like a massive bully.
Taylor's livid. He signed a contract extension back in June, til the end of 2021.
Taken a pay cut (allegedly) to keep $$$ for guys like Lever to re-sign.
Then Lever refuses to commit and asks for a trade to the Demons. For big bucks. And he's only 21.

Walker's fuming because he's a FA at the end of 2018. He's done the team thing. Lever hasn't.
Tex is lashing out because in his mind he's made financial sacrifices to keep the 'team' together.
Therefore, Jake's a selfish, undeserving mercenary git who deserves public condemnation.

Seriously poor form on Tex's part and from the Crows.
Professional organisations handle these type of matters behind closed doors. Privately and discreetly.
Then again, this is the Crows. They nailed their real colours to the mast in the Gibbs 'trade' fiasco.

Teague stated today in an interview that the game is now clearly a professional game where players seek to maximise return and Clubs are willing to pay massive incentives to young players for long contracts.

The logical outcome of this is exactly what SOS has employed at Carlton - never ever pay too much because sometime you are going to have spend big on genuine match winners.

I have sympathy for Walker's response to a kid who is the beneficiary of big dollars somewhere else. Adelaide drafted him and developed him and now he goes. I don't think his reaction 'speaks' against him as a leader. The Bloke is from Broken Hill and has been a loyal and tremendous player for Adelaide for years. It must hurt to see Dangerfield leave right when their window opened. It must hurt to hear rumours that Sloan wants out .....

However my sympathy towards Adelaide is extremely limited by the fact that they stole Eddie, got Jacobs for nothing and showed poor form in the way they dealt with the Gibbs issue last year- playing it all out in the public media. Adelaide would be wise to consider making friends with Clubs or being professional rather than parochial - because they will be big losers if they continue to believe that they are 'entitled'.

Conclusion? EAD Adelaide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide's boards logic is

"The moment he requested a trade he is no longer an Adelaide player, therefore he forfeited any right to attend."

Ah so Charlie Cameron won't be attending either as he requested a trade and Scott Thompson retired so I can only assume they forfeit their rights too?

Bunch of little crybabies

Pathetic pettiness is pathetic

It's one of those things where RL/RU/major league soccer has a totally different culture.

They know mid year players are going, and just get on with it.

Dunno why our lot carry on so much.

Right now it's a meat market, with probably 120/150 players across the board with uncertain futures.

It goes both ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back